Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011/12 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 213768 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

The rain and wet snow has now taken it toll, visibility 1 foot at 5PM.

Still raining so will let you decide what it will be like in the morning, might be worth driving here to get gas at $1.27 litre. ???

frozensalmon

$1.41 burnaby  >:(
more coho, more coho... ::)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

$1.41 burnaby  >:(
Wow an expense drive to fish the Vedder now from the Lower Manland.  ::)The thing is many will drive here tomorrow to most likely find it blown. I guess they don't read FWR. ;D ;D ;D I guess they could then go to Cookies Grill for breakfast. :D

WEEFISH

Thanks for the gas updates Chris....still not worth my $$ maybe sunday ~ monday  ;D
<"((((><

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Wow an expense drive to fish the Vedder now from the Lower Manland.  ::)The thing is many will drive here tomorrow to most likely find it blown. I guess they don't read FWR. ;D ;D ;D I guess they could then go to Cookies Grill for breakfast. :D

Can I stay at your palatial retreat next time I go the Vedder ? Promise not to harrass you about the Laughs. I'll throw in a Timmie Double Double

James

well i am out there for a casting clinic , may as well fish too  .

I try and remember to post a update in the early AM.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Donot think it rained much overnight but is light rain now with some wind. River up a inch or two since yesterday. A tough call for the clarity at first light.

tnt

It's getting really colored right now at the crossing 
Just because you have a pin rod doesnt mean you know how to fish it.....

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Update for 9:15am, light rain, windy, visibility at present 1 to 1.5 feet, few fishers.

searun17

• Old Timer

Chris thanks for the dependable  updates they are appreciated.saves me the drive.i think i will hit a different. river today.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Chris thanks for the dependable  updates they are appreciated.saves me the drive.i think i will hit a different. river today.
You are more than welcome. Talked to one angler who said it was improving from first light but with the conditions we are experiencing today it could change one way or the other.

The one plus is it is fairly cool. I will give areport later in the day. I see they cancelled the spey clinic today at Cultus, I would think because of the wind.

Good luck on your other flow.

CohoMan

• Old Timer

The wind was the killer today. When we got there, the water was really murky but as we fished, I noticed the colour getting better and better. When we left at 10am, it was very fishable. It was the wind that drove us away.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

The wind was the killer today. When we got there, the water was really murky but as we fished, I noticed the colour getting better and better. When we left at 10am, it was very fishable. It was the wind that drove us away.

Maybe I better go out and catch one then, thanks for the report.lol.

CohoMan

• Old Timer

If the wind dies down I think you will be able to catch them. The wind was so strong that it pushed my float up while drifting.

yoda

Thanks for the update chris, probably hit the flow tommorow. Pen was out today and lost one at mid river, so they must see in current visability.