Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you attending the Thompson River/Spius Creek Fundraising Pub Night?

Yes, I will attend
- 17 (51.5%)
Maybe
- 8 (24.2%)
No, I am unable to attend
- 8 (24.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Thompson River/Spius Creek Fundraising Pub Night  (Read 7886 times)

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!
Re: Thompson River/Spius Creek Fundraising Pub Night
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 11:55:08 PM »

No problem Geff. I will talk to later this week. ;)
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

Chrome Mykiss

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 07:46:11 AM »

Only two weeks left before the Thompson/Spius Creek Fundraising Pub Night  :) We hope all you Thompson river anglers can make it out. The more money we can raise that night, the more rock/woody debris structures we can fund on Spius Creek.

Brian Babcock will be hosting the live auction. Fly Gal, April Vokey, will be in attendance.

We are still looking for fly donations, please drop them off at either Sea Run Fly & Tackle or Pacific Angler to guarantee that they will make in time for this event. Thanks

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 11:45:11 PM »

I would like to attend this event also but unfortunately i will be back to afternoon shifts  >:(

just curious, what types of flies ar you guys looking for, anything or steelhead specific ?
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Chrome Mykiss

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 07:48:28 AM »

Hook,
We are not picky when it comes to steelhead fly donations. We will take all styles of flies, from small low water to giant intruder type flies.

If you cannot make it to our pub night, our donation box is always a good way to help out the cause. Check out our website for details on donations http://www.steelheadsociety.org/ Thanks for your interest in helping out.

There are 9 guided trips available as prizes for the Thompson River/Spius Creek fundraising pub night. One will be drawn for any new Steelhead Society member or membership renewals that evening. Here are a few details of the guided trips:

- Fly Gal Ventures, guided 1 day Vedder river winter Steelhead fishing trip with April Vokey

- Bluewater Rockies Sportfish Guiding Co, guided Fraser river Salmon or Sturgeon trip with Chris Ciesla

- Riseform Flyfishing Ventures, guided BC interior lake fishing trip for two with Brian Chan

- Guided Columbia river fishing trip with Bruce Kruk

- Pacific Angler, guided 8 hour Salmon charter for four out of Vancouver harbour with Jason Tonelli on the 27ft Grady White, "Salty Dawg".

- Steel Line Fishing Adventures, guided 2 person Fraser or Harrison river trip with Jon Benedictson

- Sea-Run Guiding, guided Cutthroat or Salmon flyfishing trip with Kelly Davison

- Streamline Guiding, guided Fraser river Sturgeon or Salmon trip with Ryan Forester

- Upstream Adventures, guided Skeena region Steelhead or Salmon trip with Todd Scharf.

More details to come...

Carlo
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:25:23 AM by Chrome Mykiss »

ralfish

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 08:35:11 AM »

I would like to attend this event also but unfortunately i will be back to afternoon shifts  >:(

just curious, what types of flies ar you guys looking for, anything or steelhead specific ?

To clarify Chrome Mykiss' response, it would probably be good if the flies were for steelhead. But we won't be looking any gift horses in the mouth... Thanks

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 07:58:51 PM »

Bumping this back to the top for a great cause.

Sea-Run Fly & Tackle

• Advertiser
  • Sea-Run Fly & Tackle (604)-931-5044
    • Sea-Run Fly & Tackle
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2011, 04:42:40 PM »

:)

Matt

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2011, 07:00:37 PM »

With only 15 FWR members going, that's pretty high odds for winning some pretty awesome prizes isn't it.

Pacific Angler

• Advertiser
  • Pacific Angler
    • Pacific Angler
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2011, 12:03:58 PM »

Can't wait for the big night...it is going to be a blast!

Vancouver Fishing Store - Pacific Angler
78 East Broadway Vancouver | Toll Free: 1.866.430.2204 | Tel: 604-872-2204 | info@pacificangler.ca