Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, November 11th 2011  (Read 4833 times)

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River, November 11th 2011
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2011, 06:12:34 AM »

OMG he used the N word! :o

Seriously though, the N has not been producing like its had in the past.  Many of the good spots have filled in and the river is very tempermental.  Often times its either dirt low or blown out with not too much in between.  As Hue says, you are better off fishing the Vedder as it offers much more stable conditions and seems to have more fish.

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2011, 08:02:05 AM »

True.  The "N" is very touch and go.  It can be good, but I find it's most often way too overcrowded.

bigblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2011, 08:08:34 AM »

Good report cohoman.
Nice to hear that late running northern cohos are moving up the river.

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2011, 10:01:51 PM »

OMG he used the N word! :o

Seriously though, the N has not been producing like its had in the past.  Many of the good spots have filled in and the river is very tempermental.  Often times its either dirt low or blown out with not too much in between.  As Hue says, you are better off fishing the Vedder as it offers much more stable conditions and seems to have more fish.

ahaha, I've go no problem mentioning the Norrish because of what you've said. It is a challenging river to fish and success there is very very dependent on conditions. Let people flock there and find out for themselves, coho that you can see are prime for snagging/flossing but the river rarely has enough flow to actually snag/floss. I also agree that the river has changed quite a bit filling in many of the productive spots. There is very little fishable water but a fun creek non the less