Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gut & chuck.  (Read 40017 times)

silver ghost

• Old Timer
Re: Gut & chuck.
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2011, 10:11:32 AM »

Try snagging a dead fish in front of a CO and see if they call it angling...

they call bottom bouncing angling, so why couldnt one just floss a dead fish

***add: most of the pinks i've seen retained in the vedder this year would be referred to as "dead" by most

"FOR THE SMOKER"
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:30:19 AM by fishunter »

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2011, 10:24:57 AM »

It really erks me when people equate us (humans) with animals. We are not animals. We reason and have the ability to apply morality and ethics to our lives. Animals can not do that. Animals cannot reflect on past feelings and experiences.....only instinct.

Humans are 100%  animal.

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2011, 10:34:46 AM »

Do you have any idea of the politicaly devastating possiblities that could come out of rubbish like this if it ever caught on?
It really erks me when people equate us (humans) with animals. We are not animals. We reason and have the ability to apply morality and ethics to our lives. Animals can not do that. Animals cannot reflect on past feelings and experiences.....only instinct.

Laughably wrong and completely ignorant.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2011, 11:05:05 AM »

Back the "Chum Roe".  I will have to inquire at Berry`s next time I`m in.  Whether the roe works or not it shouldn't be sold as fresh "chum roe" if it is not.  @ $12/lb (inc tax)for a pound I would expect the real thing.

Ed

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2011, 11:20:35 AM »

Humans are 100%  animal.

More evidence that prove we are animals... sometimes a lot worse than animals! Being Chinese myself I feel ashamed that this occurred in China recently. View at your own discretion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Tc0QpXx-Q   *warning Graphic Content*

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2011, 11:28:26 AM »

that one is tough to watch .how did that driver not notice. o wait he did notice just choose not to care. hope he gets charged with manslaughter.

Ed

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2011, 11:52:19 AM »

that one is tough to watch .how did that driver not notice. o wait he did notice just choose not to care. hope he gets charged with manslaughter.

I think they already caught the original driver and the truck driver.. hope they get life in jail... oh wait its china..you get executed with a rifle.

Robert_G

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2011, 12:17:02 PM »

Laughably wrong and completely ignorant.

Ok...so if humans and animals are equal....I can assume you and your children will have no problem being the guiney pig for any new pesticides that need testing? You won't have a problem with threshold testing of it on your children to study long term effects?

Yeah...whatever...I'm pretty sure you would be barking about your 'HUMAN rights' pretty quick if that were to ever happen.

Robert_G

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2011, 12:18:27 PM »

More evidence that prove we are animals... sometimes a lot worse than animals! Being Chinese myself I feel ashamed that this occurred in China recently. View at your own discretion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Tc0QpXx-Q   *warning Graphic Content*

What that says to me is that sometimes the 'choices' that certain people make....would make them resemble animals. That still doesn't prove us to be animals though.

ChumChaser

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2011, 12:24:30 PM »

Wow that video is disturbing, how could all those people go by and not do anything. China must have one f'ed up culture, with that mentality a gut n chuck is a walk in the  park. If they have no respect for human life how can we expect them to respect the life of a fish.   :o

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2011, 12:29:46 PM »

What that says to me is that sometimes the 'choices' that certain people make....would make them resemble animals. That still doesn't prove us to be animals though.

Stolen from wikipedia

Kingdom:    Animalia
Phylum:    Chordata
Class:    Mammalia
Order:    Primates
Family:    Hominidae
Tribe:    Hominini
Genus:    Homo
Species:    H. sapiens

You are an animal. Make sense?

Robert_G

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2011, 05:06:29 PM »

Stolen from wikipedia

Kingdom:    Animalia
Phylum:    Chordata
Class:    Mammalia
Order:    Primates
Family:    Hominidae
Tribe:    Hominini
Genus:    Homo
Species:    H. sapiens

You are an animal. Make sense?

You aren't paying attention. I never said we weren't mammals as is the physical aspect. I said that animals should never have equal rights with human beings. Human beings must be valued above animals no questions asked. If you can't understandand the logistics, rationality, and common sense in that, then you probably don't understand why the world is going to crap either.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2011, 05:19:26 PM »

You aren't paying attention. I never said we weren't mammals as is the physical aspect. I said that animals should never have equal rights with human beings. Human beings must be valued above animals no questions asked. If you can't understandand the logistics, rationality, and common sense in that, then you probably don't understand why the world is going to crap either.

I think the point being made, Robert, was that the animal testing that you are concerned about being imposed on humans (if we are indeed just another animal) should not be done to animals either!  The First Nations had a similar belief system whereby animals and humans were the same, both could change form from one to the other as they were both "spirits".  That is why, before a hunter dispatched an animal, he first thanked it for allowing him to capture it.  Animals deserved a level of respect they do not receive in a Judaeo-Christian world where man holds dominion "over every living thing that moves upon the earth."
Not all those who wander are lost

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2011, 05:22:28 PM »

It is definitely not a waste. Dead salmon contribute massively to the health of the ecosystem, from feeding smolts to fertilizing streams for the next generation. Rotting is good.

I think the "waste" being referred to by Zack was that the guides must kill a perfectly good salmon and intentionally rot it to make the "stink bait" that is soo effective for sturgeon.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2011, 05:50:17 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Tc0QpXx-Q   *warning Graphic Content*

This was just shown on Global tonight.