Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tire Slasher On The Loose--Vedder  (Read 39863 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Tire Slasher On The Loose--Vedder
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2011, 04:33:07 PM »

Hey Milo we saw you guys on Sunday and yes you guys were pretty much all by yourselves. We were out all weekend long and every where we went we had the areas pretty much all to ourselves as well. We did not even have to go far off the beaten path either which was lucky for us as because of my back injury I am not able to walk much. We found alot of fish and were surprised not too see anyone fishing the runs.
They all followed Rod to KWB. ;D ;D

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2011, 06:00:11 PM »

I thought you could always find Rod at KWB :-\
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

noobfisher

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2011, 07:35:36 PM »

Are you a racist?

Racists are just ignorant cowards, when they get called out they have nothing to say. I actually feel bad for the guy (Sam6140), it's pathetic. 

Dogbreath

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2011, 09:02:36 PM »

I've followed this thread but since I no longer fish the place have nothing to add-except that CBC Radio were going to do a feature on this-announced it after the World At Six tonight.

I then listened to their droning bull for 90 minutes and heard nothing more.  >:(

Since I do some radio volunteer work I know shows are always  a work in  progress-if I hear anything more will report back.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2011, 09:47:06 PM »

Stopped at the Chilliwack Hatchery today and was told more tires slashed around Allisson pool. I also stopped at cement slabs to clean up some garbage and an American visitor told me his vehicle was keyed, saw the damage. He said others were keyed too. :( We need a bait car out there.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2011, 12:06:41 AM »

Stopped at the Chilliwack Hatchery today and was told more tires slashed around Allisson pool. I also stopped at cement slabs to clean up some garbage and an American visitor told me his vehicle was keyed, saw the damage. He said others were keyed too. :( We need a bait car out there.

Has it all been Americans who've been targeted? That's just ridiculous and getting out of hand....Obviously who ever is doing this is getting bolder and fearless. I hope the American contingency apply pressure to the Ministry of Tourism to increase police presence because this has to stop. Eventually, these perpetrators will turn to other victims when they've run out of Americans to hash out their frustrations or sick needs.   :-\ >:(

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2011, 05:16:35 AM »

Im out of province right now.How many Americans are we talking about coming to the Vedder?

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2011, 10:47:59 AM »

don't know how many, but from what's been reported over 35 cars with American plates have been vandalized...who's to say how many more has been targeted without being reported...maybe off the river, in and out of town?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 10:52:10 AM by blaydRnr »

Ed

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2011, 11:14:12 AM »

I totally agree...let's not forget Japan would have never surrendered if it wasn't for Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Not to insult America, but I think they take too much credit for the second world war... History shows that the war could have gone the other way.

Agreed. Japan would never have surrendered if it was not for Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I also find they take too much credit for the second world war, it was the two world wars that propelled them to become the world's "super power". But being in Canada you can't ignore that USA has been watching our back for many years. Even though we never asked for the protection, we were provided these services (being neighbor to the USA). So if you put away all the drama related to the fisheries, lumber, water, etc life has been pretty good living in Canada, and especially beautiful British Columbia!

To think of things in a more retrospective way, if it wasn't for Germany's impact during the Second World War in Europe, would all the colonies around the world have gotten independence? I'm sure England didn't grant independence to India because they felt that colonization was wrong? lol.

Ed

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2011, 11:22:14 AM »

A decent number of Canadians venture just south of the border to fish - especially for Bass.  Now, what if these Canadians were being targeted by vandals as well?   Come on people.  Who cares if some Americans come and fish here.  They're our friends and neighbors, and frankly people from WA state are a lot nicer and friendlier than people here in BC.  Would you prefer it if the Vedder was packed with newly immigrated Canadians who aren't even citizens and don't speak English?  

We go down to the U.S. and shop, get gas, thereby increasing prices near the border - and some Americans get annoyed.  But, they also need to feel thankful that we support their economy.  Visiting Americans help contribute to the local economy.  Believe me, not a lot of Americans have any interest in coming into Canada.  If it takes a Salmon run to get them to spend their money over here, then so be it.  We don't really have anything else to offer them, that they don't already have.

We have great Real Estate compared to our neighbors. Last time i checked housing prices were dropping like crazy in the USA. Then again its also the "newly immigrated Canadians who aren't even citizens and dont speak English" that are fueling our economy right now. If it was not for this great group of new immigrants, we would be feeling the recession a lot worse. So before praising the Americans so much about them spending their money during the Salmon Run (maybe a few hundred bucks a year), remember its the ones that don't speak English (bringing over millions of dollars to Canada) are the ones that contribute the most.

Ed

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2011, 11:24:53 AM »

I'll bite on this one, Chris.

While the US did contribute arms and equipment to the European war effort, most notably great quantities of trucks to the Sovier Union, after Germany invaded in 1941, they did not actually declare war on Germany until Dec 1941, after Pearl Harbour.  England, Canada and other countries entered the war in Sep 1939 following the German invasion of Poland.
The European war could not have been won without the US but the great question for historians is would they have entered the European war without Pearl Harbour?

Speaking of Pearl Harbour brings up a lot of controversies, like the one about the Americans knowing about the attack and using it as a "reason" for the USA to enter war, specially during the Great Depression in the USA. And after the war we all know what happen to the American Economy.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 11:39:42 AM by Ed »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 12:42:10 PM by chris gadsden »

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2011, 03:06:53 PM »

some it seems need to do some research on the events leading up too, during and the imediate post WW2.

finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2011, 03:10:22 PM »

From Fred's Custom Tackle.

"REWARD... We are funding a reward of up to $2,000 for the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the recent rash of vehicular vandalism on the Chilliwack/Vedder River. If you have any information please contact the Chilliwack RCMP at (604) 792-4611 or Fred's Custom Tackle at (604) 858-7344."

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2011, 03:36:32 PM »

From Fred's Custom Tackle.

"REWARD... We are funding a reward of up to $2,000 for the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the recent rash of vehicular vandalism on the Chilliwack/Vedder River. If you have any information please contact the Chilliwack RCMP at (604) 792-4611 or Fred's Custom Tackle at (604) 858-7344."

Good on Fred!!