Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tire Slasher On The Loose--Vedder  (Read 39803 times)

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
Tire Slasher On The Loose--Vedder
« on: October 08, 2011, 09:14:57 PM »

Went fishing today and it was ridiculously busy through out the system, but that isn't what i'm posting about...While driving around I noticed a few fisherman changing their tires...at first i thought it was just bad coincidence, but on my way out i decided to check out the gong show at KWB... while there i came across 3 fishermen repairing their tires which were either slashed or deflated and another unoccupied car which had all four tires flattened... what's this world coming to when a guy can't even enjoy a day off from the  stresses of everyday life without some A-HOLE robbing them of the simple pleasure and escape that fishing provides?... Hope who ever did it get bitten on the *** by Karma (x10) !

For you guys going out this weekend, be vigilant and look out for any suspicious activity or people looking out of place...maybe take notice of their license plate or take special notice of their physical description.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 09:18:03 PM by blaydRnr »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Tire Slasher On The Loose--Vedder
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 09:38:59 PM »

Its a shame, I try to park the Leaf Mobile where I can see it at all times, limits where one can fish though. :(

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 10:43:14 PM »

News Flash! Tire slasher on the loose! Omg ,what next on the Vedder?

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 10:49:34 PM »

the slasher is probably targeting flossers......maybe the slasher is working for Karma? Makes sense to me considering the canal is slutted out to the max right now.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 11:06:34 PM »

That is sad :(

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 11:17:30 PM »

pretty damn sad indeed.....holmes*

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 11:46:16 PM »

News Flash! Tire slasher on the loose! Omg ,what next on the Vedder?

True, but this is the most i've seen in one day.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 11:55:26 PM »

the slasher is probably targeting flossers......maybe the slasher is working for Karma? Makes sense to me considering the canal is slutted out to the max right now.

Well i guess that makes it O...K...   ::)    :P

Now explain that to the lady who parked her car there because she wanted to walk her dog.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 12:00:32 AM »

whoa seroiously guys? face/palm

i cant believe this bullspit happens...but yet again...if you go to the circus expect to see clowns, right? I'm just glad my rivers i frequent dont have this kind of crap and the guys there look out for one another and the river. might as well keep the garbage in one place i guess, i dont even consider the vedder a river anymore.

EVERYONE GO TO THE VEDDER TONS OF FISH OMG GO NOW!!!!

i heard about this the other day too, a guy got his tires slashed for parking on the wrong side of the road

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 12:59:55 AM »

Coming out from the lower canal on the dyke, we saw tow trucks helping tow away cars with slashed tires. One guy was an American who was quite upset. He said that only American license plates were targeted by the tire slashers. Is this true? If yes, it is quite sickening for some one to do this. We are not at war with our friendly neighbour down south and they come up to spend tourist $$$ and contribute to our economy while paying big bucks to fish, only to get such treatment. I hope this is not true and the attacks are random. We don't want the Americans to send their commando up here to protect their citizens' assets.  ;D  Seriously, we need law enforcement folks to patrol the river if this continues.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 01:02:32 AM by liketofish »

Oilcruzer

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 06:36:10 AM »

Hmmmm, with the crazies breaking windows, slashing tires, rubbing roe on cars, it should be pretty easy to set up some kind of vid cam that works on motion.  Or gee, maybe some undercover police monitoring with all the tax dollars generated to the local areas?  Seems gov't is quick to collect but slow to provide. 

MIKE1

Tires on the Vedder, please report activity and do your part
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 10:27:18 AM »

If anyone has any info on this please report to the authorities. I have also been a victim of something like this a few years ago at the cap.

Edit: I was out this morning and didn't see any of this but we need to ensure that people that do this kind of thing are held accountable.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 10:29:36 AM by MIKE1 »

Tee

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 11:20:30 AM »

I was around the area also. From what I was told by an american family who also had their tires flattened, only the US license plate cars/trucks got their tires slashed. They were a nice family who were planning to stay for a couple of weeks, but had to change their plan after the incident.

Pretty sad to have this/these moron(s) on the loose.
I only fish on days that end with "y".

noobfisher

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 12:32:17 PM »

Yet another reason why I want nothing to do with the Vedder.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 02:06:20 PM »

Yet another reason why I want nothing to do with the Vedder.
Wont go near it during Salmon season! Now its totally out of control! The crowds are so thick that locals are targetting Americans because they dont want outsiders fishing our waters!Whoa,its getting crazier with each passing year.They need to shut it down NOW!