Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bastards at stave river today  (Read 15424 times)

mzmann

Re: bastards at stave river today
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2011, 10:55:41 AM »

+1 hahaha call me too i will bring the weed LOL  :P

+2 ^^^ lol...See you Next Monday Fin ;)
Wishin I was fishin!! :)

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2011, 10:58:56 AM »

one breaths in more harmful chemicals just walking down the street

Unless you are walking directly through a tailpipe's exhaust cloud, there are definitely more toxins in the smoke you exhaled (I need not tell you how concentrate the smoke you inhaled was) from that joint or cigarette than the general air (which is much more dilute).  However,  we were not talking about walking down a street, we were talking about walking down a river bank.  That was my point.  If I walk behind a city bus, I can expect to get a lung full of toxins.  When I am fishing, I am not expecting you to exhale a cloud of toxins in the direction of me and my kids.  All I am asking for is a little unselfish behaviour.  I know people think you should be able to do what you like, when you like to do it, but at some point consideration for others has to come into play.  That is all.  I will keep my eyes open for you guys and be sure to walk up wind.
Not all those who wander are lost

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2011, 01:30:04 PM »

This so funny...Who gives a cupcakes what the dude next to you is smoking.I could care less if they pulled out a bong and started hitting on that! Good entertainment on a saturday afternoon! ;D :D

joy-of-fishing

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2011, 02:06:55 PM »

I would care though I would say something, i dont care what they think I dont what a disgusting smelling smoke blown into my face. Marijuan is a drug.... that is why it is illegal

mistermongz

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2011, 02:07:25 PM »

This so funny...Who gives a **** what the dude next to you is smoking.I could care less if they pulled out a bong and started hitting on that! Good entertainment on a saturday afternoon! ;D :D

:D :D :D that would be funny hahaha
Fish on!!!

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2011, 02:32:50 PM »

I say it because ive seen it! Ha ha ha! It had lots of tubes coming out of it and 4 dudes were having a good ole time!

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2011, 10:03:40 PM »

I would care though I would say something, i dont care what they think I dont what a disgusting smelling smoke blown into my face. Marijuan is a drug.... that is why it is illegal

that is NOT why it is illegal my friend, it is illegal because of american politics, do a little research b4 ya start spouting off at the mouth, maybe watch the movie reefer madness and go talk with woody harrelson, another reason is because of the cotton farmers way back when, they wanted to keep the hemp industry down so they made the inference of hemp to weed and all the propoganda to go with it, blah blah blah, do some research and reading and it mite just open your eyes as to why it is illegal, how many ppl cant operate machinery after smoking a joint, u tell me its the same with alcohol, or pharmaceuticals or even cough medicine, you wont win this battle with me, im tellin ya rite now, and yes sandman i agree that discretion and common sense should come into play, something i have lots of, i would never just go walking by someone hauling down on a chonger okay, i have enough decentcy and respect, im not some 16 year old kid, and so your kid is 6 yrs old?, well you better have the talk now because i can tell ya rite now that i knew what weed and hash and a whole host of other things were b4 i was 6 yrs old so him/her knowing is not too far away in this day and age sir, remember that thing called tv or internet or movies, kids are a lot smarter and perceptive than u give them credit for, and u cant be with them 24/7, you may think that their friends parents dont smoke weed and maybe they dont but u truly never know, sorry to tell ya, u dont, so when little johnny and your son are at skool hangin on the playground and having a chat and johnny says to your son that his parents smoke funny lookin or smellin cigarettes, well, thats when it starts, im not even tryin to tell ya how or what to do with your children, IM JUST SAYIN, i could cite examples and scenarios all nite long but im sure ya get the point, DO NOT underestimate the mind, curiosity and perceptiveness of a child......they know stuff far b4 you or i realize they do.....holmes*

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2011, 10:12:27 PM »

id be far more concerned about allowing my kid to eat at mcranchies or taco bell then knowing about or smelling some weed, cmon now, how many parents come home and open up a box of kd, or give their kid cheese wiz, or let them eat fruit loops or any of the other processed food crap, if you want to call it food, i call it filler, and ppl are worried about a kid smelling the odour of weed?, lets get real here please, the foods parents let their kids eat are far more harmful to their physical and mental well being than any joint...geez louise....this is totally not a personal attack, as i dont know your life, its just a general rant and maybe some actual FOOD for thought eh......holmes*

so fin,mistermongz and mzmann, when and where are we going fishin,lol

chronic_topdawg

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2011, 10:28:45 PM »

Spark er :D

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2011, 10:24:05 PM »

true enough Fin, im still waiting for a response from sandman tho, pretty unusual that he is at a loss for words,lol  ??? ...holmes*

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2011, 09:47:10 AM »

true enough Fin, im still waiting for a response from sandman tho, pretty unusual that he is at a loss for words,lol  ??? ...holmes*

Sorry holmes, I did not realize you were waiting for a response for that "general rant."  You also did not say anything that everybody doesn't know already.  My 6 year old does not go to "friends" houses whose parents I have not met already, so I would know if they smoked reefer in their home or not.  I do not judge people for smoking weed, my dearly departed father smoked more than cigarettes, as do my kid's aunts and uncles, as did many of us at some point in our lives.  I no longer smoke or drink alcohol and I choose to model that behaviour to my kids.  What I did was expressed a distaste for people engaged in smoking weed in a public place frequented by children which not only would provoke the "why are they allowed to break the law" discussion (this is the talk they do not need at 6 years old, the one about whether the law is fair or just), but also there is the fact that they are not just breathing in the "odour" from the pot, they are breathing in the smoke and the drug as well, even if it is in small amounts.  By what right does anyone have to spread that toxic smoke around where people who do not wish to smoke drugs have to inhale it?  Defend the behaviour all you want, you wont win that argument.
Not all those who wander are lost

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2011, 07:33:46 PM »

nope not defending it at all sandman and my rant wasnt totally directed at yourself, glad u cleared that up tho, cheers and happy thanksgiving....holmes*