Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bastards at stave river today  (Read 15442 times)

Ed

• I'm a llama!
Re: bastards at stave river today
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 12:05:30 PM »

So what if they were smoking pot. big deal people smoke pot on the rivers all day long. makes the day go pretty good i might add  ::) :P 8)

Agreed! also makes it less painful when i whip myself with a fly by accident.

8)

rosejeff

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 12:54:55 PM »

Seriously? Smoking pot and fishing? ???
I often take my kids out with me and this is not something I want them to associate with fishing. I really don't care if you want to do it, but at least go for a walk so that the rest of us on the river aren't exposed to it.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 01:22:11 PM »

there smoking pot they must not know the rules. lol. go for a walk and lose my spot, forget it. i respect if your kids are around though and i will wait till there gone.

mistermongz

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 06:43:25 PM »

there smoking pot they must not know the rules. lol. go for a walk and lose my spot, forget it. i respect if your kids are around though and i will wait till there gone.

yup + 1 i dont smoke when there are kids around plus most of the time the places i fish are secluded with no one around ....
Fish on!!!

Mister Twister

• There's no head like steelhead!
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2011, 11:45:21 PM »

I'd sooner fish beside guys that are high on bud then some pack of drunks!

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 09:10:17 AM »

Love the irony in this thread! I guess it is one way of smokng someone out of their spot  ::)

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2011, 10:30:56 AM »

Seriously? Smoking pot and fishing? ???
I often take my kids out with me and this is not something I want them to associate with fishing. I really don't care if you want to do it, but at least go for a walk so that the rest of us on the river aren't exposed to it.

You could say the same to someone who smokes cigarettes. I couldn't care less about someone who smokes weed or tobacco on the river.

I've reported multiple people on the Stave for fishing the spawning channel, but I always politely tell them that it is a no fishing area. If they cease fishing there, then I wont report them, but often they just walk right back up the channel once you walk away. Then I report them, loudly giving a physical description to the RAPP operator.

Richmond

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2011, 12:02:50 PM »

cigarettes should be banned in all public spaces, as for pot on the river, use a little discretion and its not a problem.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2011, 01:04:51 PM »

nothing gets me more when i see butts floating down the river. gross

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2011, 05:13:23 PM »

cigarettes should be banned in all public spaces, as for pot on the river, use a little discretion and its not a problem.
LOL. You're kidding right? Cigarettes, legal and should be banned. But you condone pot use? How does this make any sense? Although I agree, both should not be used if there are children near enough to be exposed. People, I usually stay far enough away as to not disturb them. If they come into my bubble, and don't like the smoke, they can easily walk 20 foot upwind, but even then, I will do my best to keep it away from them. But I'm also considerate generally, where as a lot of smokers are pricks and don't care. Actually, seems like a lot of people are oblivious to their actions and how it affects others. I'm realizing this more and more everyday.
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

nickredway

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2011, 10:37:39 PM »

I vote for changing the name of this section to self righteous backslappers anonymous.

nickredway

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2011, 10:57:14 PM »

Just to clarify, there are a lot of great interesting threads in this section that are intelligent discussions about important issues, but this and many of the other such similar threads, especially some of those moved here from other sections just seem like an boring and endless barrage of people repeating the same points over and over again in the same thread in a battle of who is the most ethical. Everyone has to live their life according to their own conscience and that includes fishing, if people do something that offends your code on the river call them out on it, or not, it's up to you, just quit moaning about it on here like a herd of sheep.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2011, 11:48:23 PM »

nothing gets me more when i see butts floating down the river. gross

x2 one time i picked it out of the water right in front of the guy who threw it and put it in my pocket with him watching me wondering what i was doing. i didnt say one word to him, just picked up his cigarette butt and pocketed it. he got the message after.

nickredway

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2011, 11:50:35 PM »

And a pat on the back for you............................

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2011, 05:24:09 AM »

Honestly, smoking on the river is the least of our worries, but it is just another thing to ruin your day.  I cannot comprehend why I am left hacking and coughing as I pass a smoker on the river, or worse he passes me, when I am there for fresh air.  My own father, rest his soul, was a smoker, despite my efforts, but at least he carefully extinguished his butt in the water and placed it back in the pack to dispose of in the ashtray in the car.  I had to give him credit for that at least.  There were a few pot smokers at the Stave when I was last there and there were several younger fisherman around and it did not seem to matter to the tokers.  It did make me glad I left my own kids at home.  In the privacy of your home is one thing, but a public place frequented by kids is another.  Whether you agree with the law or not, it is illegal and opening flaunting the law is just a lesson I would not want my kids to learn. I am sure the guys fishing the channel (they were probably not after small trout or whitefish with those salmon rods) just disagreed with the law and chose to fish for salmon there anyway.
Not all those who wander are lost