Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tresspassing Tickets ????  (Read 20327 times)

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
Re: Tresspassing Tickets ????
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2011, 10:52:40 PM »

I would say due to the volume of people crossing those tracks,problems have escalated to the point where CN and R.C.M.P have no choice but to issue tickets to the Law breakers in the interest of safety. Maybe a fence will go up soon if it keeps happening and then u all will no longer have access to Scales Bar by foot.

ynot

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2011, 07:55:04 AM »

scale crossing is cp rail not cn and nobody is doing anything about crossing the tracks,say no more.

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2011, 11:42:59 AM »

So I emailed cn and this was their response;

Good Afternoon

CN does not allow non-railroad personnel permission to be on CN property unless they are there for railroad purposes.  This is a very clear safety issue.  CN Police and others have spend a great deal of time educating the public on the dangers of trespassing on railway property.  One of the things we as an industry are under close scrutiny for is property trespasser issues, so we do not make exceptions, no matter how innocuous the request seems.  One should only cross the tracks at designated crossings that have been approved by CN.

Thank You
Have A Safe Day
Barry
CN Public Inquiries
1-888-888-5909

not going to get into particular locations! I'd suggest that it's about time that CN and CP should be forced to provide safe access points across the /under/over the tracks to established public recreational locations, fishing or otherwise, This does not mean Joe's rock would deserve one. My neighbour is with CN and he told me that they are going to be strict and even stricter in the future. Big want and not cheap to do ,but I look at it as the in most cases the foreshore/riverbank is public property their buisness denies access ? they should ensure safe access.
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2011, 12:47:25 PM »

What?? Big corporation provide access to the lowly sports fisherman! I doubt it,good idea though!