Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crescent beach/ mud bay fishing?  (Read 11750 times)

jacked55

Crescent beach/ mud bay fishing?
« on: September 10, 2011, 01:00:34 PM »

Anybody do any fishing around the crescent beach/mud bay area? I am speaking in reference to fishing from a boat sicne i noticed they have a boat launch there. And is this boat launch a decent one or is it not recommended?
Thanks.

arimaBOATER

Re: Crescent beach/ mud bay fishing?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 05:44:08 PM »

The launch looks good to me (at the boat marina) I assume they will let non members launch from there for a fee (???)
Ya can give them a call.
But from I can see ya have to know the area ...so possibly get an experienced boater to give ya info.
There are channels...sand bars....on high tide some big giant boulders get covered by the water...& a boater just may hit one of those suckers... :o

mikeyman

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 06:18:26 PM »

Not very deep at all till you go around point roberts. The nick and serp both dump in there, in a small boat you can fish when they stack up at the nick. Can be good there before the rains, not sure about the regs, prob no retention on most fish. If you go for a run past point roberts can fish there for salmon, keep going around and you will hit the ferry slip in Tsawassen. Good salmon fishing there to the coal docks. Bit of a haul and really have to watch the markers. If you buzz to close to point roberts it gets showell fast and there are some BIG rocks in tight, boat sinkers for sure. Best to keep your distance out a bit.

canso

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 06:48:26 PM »

The launch can be used at any tide at the marina, $12+tax last time I was there.
Up river there is one at the old Stuart farm house can’t remember what they call the park.
I think it is $6 but you need 8ft tide to use it and get out of the river.
Crabbing is good not sure about fishing, I’ve only ever caught crab bait.
oh! don't cut the markers on the way out.

Slamdunk

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 07:16:35 PM »

I live in the area and agree with what others have said. No fishing to speak of, you have to go out a long ways. Also, the others are correct in their warning about the markers, pay attention to them as it is very shallow in a lot of spots.

Point Roberts is a good spot but you need a US license. The area to fish is right off the Point - there is a park - and down to the east where there is a large white house, and to the right, go to the old cannery.

The Twasennen , Coal Port is a good spot to fish if you can stand the noise and pollution from the ships loading coal, but you'd be better off launching from the ferry terminal spot - and its free.

gofishon

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 09:16:35 AM »

I haven't used it this year, but unless they have improved the launch or you have a car topper, you need a pretty good tide (8-9'?) to get your trailered boat off the ferry spit.

mikeyman

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 02:41:18 PM »

need high tide for sure at Tsawassen. you can launch at point roberts marine, 30 bucks in and out with the hoist. But what you pay for the launch you save in cheap beer, cheese and gas. Down side, going thru customs.

Light house park launch is under 8 ft of gravel and is not recommended at all unless you have a hefty 4x4, even then you might get stuck, but it is free. They are having it replaced and should be ready in 2012.

Richmond

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 11:52:08 AM »

troll minow patterns in march.

mikeyman

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 12:22:25 PM »

cutthroat at the mouths of the rivers during salmon fry migration.

never tried it but It would be worth a shot.