Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vedder  (Read 3175 times)

chris37

vedder
« on: September 13, 2011, 09:04:59 AM »

hi im originally french and have hard time to understand regulation anyone can tell me from where to where i can fish in vedder and what specie of salmon and limit i can for today and tom tuesday and wed  13 and 14 thank you in advance

dmoney

Re: vedder
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 09:47:34 AM »

With respect Chris, in order to fish your english needs to be good enough to read and follow the regulations. If you can't understand the regs for whatever reason, DON'T FISH, until you can. They change frequently, and you can't rely on Internet comments. Take your time and read carefully, you'll be fine. It's always safer to get the information yourself directly from the regulations.

D$

chris37

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 10:01:31 AM »

with respect too if you have nothing to help why you reply just to tell some kind of negative stuff for your concern i even call dfo office and the girl answer me can even tell herself 

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 10:08:59 AM »

With respect Chris, in order to fish your english needs to be good enough to read and follow the regulations. If you can't understand the regs for whatever reason, DON'T FISH, until you can. They change frequently, and you can't rely on Internet comments. Take your time and read carefully, you'll be fine. It's always safer to get the information yourself directly from the regulations.

D$

:o Wow.....

Chris,

The vedder is open for Springs which you can only retain one of but can also retain jack springs. Hatchery marked coho's and pink salmon. As long as it add's up to 4 salmon in total is your daily limit.  There has been reports of some early springs and pinks already.  In about 1.5 weeks or so the fish should be pushing through really well.   You'll need a fresh water license with a salmon stamp as well.  Remember to use barbless hooks and Float rig setup is most productive on the vedder good luck!
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 10:13:54 AM »

make sure you can identify all 5 species of salmon and steelhead. sockeye are non-retention in the vedder, there arent many there right now but you might get one accidentally

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 10:16:05 AM »

Definitely go to one of the tackle shops near the Vedder River (Freds) and talk to them for advice on regulations and fishing locations.

#1 thing is always a single barbless hook  - no exceptions.

chris37

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 10:24:42 AM »

thank you very much i was sure there is still some poeples who can understand my request this is kind of answer i was expecting i just wanna be legal but for some its hard to exempt punching the fisrst who dont know everything thanks again

c-pin

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 10:48:29 AM »

Hello (Bonjour) Chris,

As Canada is a multi lingual society, and you speak one of the "Official Languages" of Canada, you may want to check with DFO and get the regulations in French (as it is an Official Language ).

Merci,  John
Wild Salmon are like Wild Women .... Fun to Catch and Mighty Tasty

dmoney

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 11:01:00 AM »

Excellent point c-pin!

Chris: http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/index-fra.htm

I wasn't being negative, I was trying to help by pointing out that it's your responsibility to know the regs, and because they change regularly, you can't rely solely on the forum.

Je ne suis pas negatif, j'essay de vous aider.

D$

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 11:11:00 AM »

Regulations are briefly summarized at the beginning of this thread:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=27823.0

I'm not aware of the French version of the regulations available from DFO, but it does publish lots of material in both English and French (rockfish information, shellfish, etc) as I receive lots of them for the events that we host each year.