Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Fraser River pink salmon have you kept in 2011?

1 - 10
11 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
50+

Author Topic: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.  (Read 257873 times)

clarki

• Old Timer
Re: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.
« Reply #555 on: September 17, 2011, 09:17:59 PM »

Fish were coming through fairly consistently if not really thick in Abbotsford this morning. They are very clean and fresh though. The four below were caught on spoons and flies.

D$

Those are beauts, D$

Ryan.maccie

« Reply #556 on: September 17, 2011, 09:30:09 PM »

fished delta 2-4, 4 landed, so many on that i lost count, it got to the point that i would get one on, and hand the rod off to someone that had been there all day and couldnt get one on.. It was good times, glad to see they are still coming thru very plentiful, landed my 4th fish on my band new abu garcia c4 reel, man, that thing is like a caddillac of reels..

samw

« Reply #557 on: September 17, 2011, 09:44:09 PM »

I was having a good day until some lowlife couple decided to stop their car and throw their 2 bags of household garbage into the river.  It was surreal.  Once I realized what just happened (it took a while to sink in), I climbed up the ripraps to see what kind of "humans" in the lowest form would do such a thing and gave the "man" the eye and raise my arms as if to say WTF was that as he made a U-turn in his beige Lexas sedan.  That might be the norm in other countries where they're from, but not here.  Didn't have a camera at the time but would have put up the pic of their car if I did.  Enough of that.  Here are some pics of fish from last few days to help me chill after that.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 10:02:12 PM by samw »

Infiniti81

« Reply #558 on: September 18, 2011, 12:33:49 AM »

Was at #5 and Dyke road in richmond from about 4-730 and got nothing, saw 2 maybe 3 risers but that it.

Gotta get out to Abby next weekend, getting killed in Richmond and wanna make sure my girl gets at least one this year.

Did go to Walmart after to pick up some things and stumbled across those mega watts that one guy swears by, grabbed a handful  ;D

small_fish

• Hi!
« Reply #559 on: September 18, 2011, 01:43:56 AM »

I'm also thinking of going to abby instead, is there any particular places that are easy to access for fishing?

Oilcruzer

« Reply #560 on: September 18, 2011, 03:14:35 AM »

I was having a good day until some lowlife couple decided to stop their car and throw their 2 bags of household garbage into the river.  It was surreal.  Once I realized what just happened (it took a while to sink in), I climbed up the ripraps to see what kind of "humans" in the lowest form would do such a thing and gave the "man" the eye and raise my arms as if to say WTF was that as he made a U-turn in his beige Lexas sedan.  That might be the norm in other countries where they're from, but not here.  Didn't have a camera at the time but would have put up the pic of their car if I did.  Enough of that.  Here are some pics of fish from last few days to help me chill after that.

Did you report it? 

Chuck23

« Reply #561 on: September 18, 2011, 08:46:20 AM »

So when does this run end? I know in 2009 it seemed to die out around Sept. 25 or so, but this year started a little later than 2009 too. Are we still going to be in fish for a couple of more weeks or is this it? Thoughts?

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #562 on: September 18, 2011, 08:51:22 AM »

How can we know for sure? Probably when you realize there are not many pinks coming in.....then the run in the lower fraser will be over

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #563 on: September 18, 2011, 09:45:49 AM »

So when does this run end? I know in 2009 it seemed to die out around Sept. 25 or so, but this year started a little later than 2009 too. Are we still going to be in fish for a couple of more weeks or is this it? Thoughts?

May be there is some truth in Berry's Bait Fish Report saying the pinks are about 10 days late. They also claimed 30 to 45 million + pinks, so they could be just exaggerating.

Sinaran

« Reply #564 on: September 18, 2011, 10:10:06 AM »

May be there is some truth in Berry's Bait Fish Report saying the pinks are

about 10 days late. They also claimed 30 to 45 million + pinks, so they could be just exaggerating.
how are the tackle stores supposed to boost their sales if they don't exaggerate?;)
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #565 on: September 18, 2011, 11:00:31 AM »

Was out a few klicks south of the alex fraser delta side. A net jus got dropped from one side clear across the water. Making my way out to langley now.
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

noobfisher

« Reply #566 on: September 18, 2011, 01:02:05 PM »

Lower Fraser not a fish in sight hmmm

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #567 on: September 18, 2011, 02:14:11 PM »

Derby reach it's quiet. 1 on in an hour for some guy.
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

lots2learn

« Reply #568 on: September 18, 2011, 02:19:36 PM »

Caught one (released) and lost one in three hours port man area. Not many fish seen. Im missing the pre commercial days thats for sure.

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #569 on: September 18, 2011, 02:22:24 PM »

Go to the abbotsford area and above....all the fish coming in through the night are in that area....