Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Fraser River pink salmon have you kept in 2011?

1 - 10
11 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
50+

Author Topic: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.  (Read 256190 times)

1stlite

Re: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2011, 02:22:56 PM »

I was out fishing the lower Fraser (Richmond area) for a few hours Wednesday and today in the morning during the rising tide. Wednesday, didn't touch a thing. This morning I saw some fish within casting distance. During the 2-3 hours fishing this morning I got into about 7 fish. 3 landed and kept 2. I want to get out tonight and try my luck again for the incoming tide. Maybe if I'm lucky, I can get into a few more and take home my daily limit. I here of a few more people getting into the Pinks in this system now. Still think a week or 2 before the fishing frenzy (Pinks) starts. Enjoy it now while there's still not a whole lot of people lining the river banks. Good Luck! 

drock31

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 02:40:15 PM »

I went out this morning as well but got nothing. Saw 3 risers but I missed high tide

Dude

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 03:13:53 PM »

Hey  1stlite

what you usiing the usual, Spoons, spinnerS??  im gonna try to get out again today and chuck some spoons

1stlite

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011, 03:21:44 PM »

Forgot to mention the a few people that have emailed me and wanted me to "GOOGLE map" yes Google map the location where I caught my first pinks. I already mentioned "Lower Fraser" (Richmond area) "south arm". I don't want to pinpoint where exactly because you have to move around and try a few locations. Quit "computer fishing" and get out there and wet the line. Those pinks are eventually going to pass by where your fishing. Eventually.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2011, 03:25:05 PM »

Forgot to mention the a few people that have emailed me and wanted me to "GOOGLE map" yes Google map the location where I caught my first pinks. I already mentioned "Lower Fraser" (Richmond area) "south arm". I don't want to pinpoint where exactly because you have to move around and try a few locations. Quit "computer fishing" and get out there and wet the line. Those pinks are eventually going to pass by where your fishing. Eventually.

Yep, don't reward lazy behaviours.

Dude

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2011, 03:38:54 PM »

HAh Computer fishing Love it!!!  ;) ....i will be out there tonight wetting my line gotta love summer

MIKE1

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2011, 04:32:00 PM »

Yep, don't reward lazy behaviours.

Ive had the same, I had someone PM me and then ask me to take a phone pic on where I was during early red spring run on vedder... yeesh.

Butch1949

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2011, 06:04:23 PM »

Went to Brownsville Bar Tuesday with my brother-in-law just to scope it out, we were throwing float-pencil weight with green wool away from the bar fishers w/bar rigs....one hour later his rod goes down, he sets the hook and the fight is on, 30 seconds later this 6' sturgeon comes out of the water in a leap just as high....about 130-150 lbs., magnicent looking...Daryl's reeling and fight it closer and I'm rushing my phone camera out of my pocket ...the sturgeon jumps again...by the time I've aimed and shot the sturgeon is back in the water, however I did get my brother-in-law with the fight on and the huge splash as it dove back in out of sight, he got it to shore where thankfully it broke him off as we were manuevering to the beach from the rocks....what a beautiful sight!!! 8)
"I don't catch fish"

Chuck23

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2011, 06:53:04 PM »

Hey Butch,

Could I have the GPS coordinates of where you nailed that sturgeon?...    ;D

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2011, 08:04:44 PM »

Hey Butch,

Could I have the GPS coordinates of where you nailed that sturgeon?...    ;D

Nah, just beam me down there will you Scotty?
Not all those who wander are lost

Dude

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2011, 09:34:59 PM »

Just got back from work, had to do some extra work so no trying for the pinks today but i did stop by on my  home just now for few minutes end of 3rd by the docks one guy had just pulled in a sturgeon And a FN fishing boat with the net out right in front of the docks pullin in net full of sockeye!! like i mean i watch him pulled in about quarter of the net until i decided to get in my ca r before the mosquitoes eat me alive, but anyways from what i saw he was pulling in ALOT of sockeye.  I may be wrong on this but i thought after sun down you can be fishing once again i might be completely wrong but was wondering how that is.  Will be wetting the line for sure after work try again  ;)

Dude

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2011, 09:36:16 PM »

CAN'T ***

drock31

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2011, 08:25:22 AM »

Was out last evening for a bit. None landed but lots more risers than I have seen on previous days

steelie-slayer

• catch and release
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2011, 10:20:40 AM »

i was also out last night from about 6:30-8:45 fly fishing using my special pink fly and caught a nice doe bout 4 lbs and lost another, my dad also lost one. we were near fort langley thats all i will say. Off to the island for pinks now for a week  ;D seemed to be a fair bit of risers, not sockeye. also saw one other landed and a sockeye.
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

fishseeker

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2011, 01:25:48 PM »

I was out fishing the lower Fraser (Richmond area) for a few hours Wednesday and today in the morning during the rising tide. Wednesday, didn't touch a thing. This morning I saw some fish within casting distance. During the 2-3 hours fishing this morning I got into about 7 fish. 3 landed and kept 2. I want to get out tonight and try my luck again for the incoming tide. Maybe if I'm lucky, I can get into a few more and take home my daily limit. I here of a few more people getting into the Pinks in this system now. Still think a week or 2 before the fishing frenzy (Pinks) starts. Enjoy it now while there's still not a whole lot of people lining the river banks. Good Luck!  
This is good information - nice to hear of someone getting into a few fish on the Fraser but I think after this report the frenzy will start a little sooner  ;)  [Including me as one of the participants.  Going to have a go tonight on a spot I haven't tried before..throwing out everything I have got including spinners, crocks, red stripe, green stripe, blue stripe...we will see]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 01:27:27 PM by fishseeker »