Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Fraser River pink salmon have you kept in 2011?

1 - 10
11 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
50+

Author Topic: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.  (Read 258275 times)

newb33

Re: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.
« Reply #240 on: September 01, 2011, 10:37:04 PM »

hey rod is that a north arm pink. today was awesome 3-6 had one on but lost it lots and lots fish rolling the whole time a guy had a tiny 6 foot rod and played a sturgeon or giant spring for about 45 minutes than SNAP he went a little tumblin there here people
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 12:34:03 AM by newb33 »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #241 on: September 01, 2011, 11:01:37 PM »

In case anyone missed this thread... ;)

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=27633.0

If you still want to find a spot to fish in the same area in the near future, then perhaps you may want to avoid mentioning specific locations when making daily reports, especially with the word "awesome". :o
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 11:04:48 PM by Rodney »

Mr. Iban

« Reply #242 on: September 02, 2011, 09:05:28 AM »

Point taken Rod. I think that if we are to be so concerned about not being able to find a spot to fish, then maybe you can remove your write ups on where to fish pink salmon in the Tidal Fraser Pink Salmon Fishing section. The only reason I knew where to go yesterday is from what I read there.

samw

« Reply #243 on: September 02, 2011, 09:18:04 AM »

The places in the writeups are well known.  The sensitive part is probably pairing up a very specific location with a very recent success report and time of success.  I'm not saying you can't do it.  I'm neutral.  I'm just saying that from what I know, members are sensitive to it.  Rod was simply pointing out what normally happens afterwards.

Point taken Rod. I think that if we are to be so concerned about not being able to find a spot to fish, then maybe you can remove your write ups on where to fish pink salmon in the Tidal Fraser Pink Salmon Fishing section. The only reason I knew where to go yesterday is from what I read there.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 09:22:32 AM by samw »

Mr. Iban

« Reply #244 on: September 02, 2011, 09:32:05 AM »

One salmon in four hours is far from what I think can be considered a success....

samw

« Reply #245 on: September 02, 2011, 09:41:35 AM »

I'd say catching one given that many others have caught 0 is still success.  But that isn't the point.  Rod's post wasn't singling you out as you might think.  It was a general friendly suggestion.  People can choose to ignore it as many do and all is still well.

One salmon in four hours is far from what I think can be considered a success....

« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 09:59:33 AM by samw »

newb33

« Reply #246 on: September 02, 2011, 09:53:25 AM »

I'm new here so I did edit my post to remove the location and what you said rod makes sense I'll know for next time

Mr. Iban

« Reply #247 on: September 02, 2011, 10:10:44 AM »

I didn't feel like I was being singled out at all. All I am saying is that there are quite a few people out here that benefit greatly from someone putting out an honest report on where some fish had been caught. There are many people that can not afford the time or luxury to "explore the river" as the time they have to fish may be quite limited due to work, small children, or large distances to travel etc. I for one had a visitor from out of town that just wanted to catch one fish. It was postings like the one that I put out there that helped me make that a possibility.

I for one appreciate people that put out reports on where fish had been caught. This river is big enough for everyone who wants to come and fish...

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #248 on: September 02, 2011, 10:22:51 AM »

Don't think location matters to much.  The fish are thick in the river but the water clarity sucks.

Haven't even caught the normal by-catch of bullheads etc... Nothing can see the lure lol.

fishseeker

• Old Timer
« Reply #249 on: September 02, 2011, 11:16:57 AM »

Don't think location matters to much.  The fish are thick in the river but the water clarity sucks.

Haven't even caught the normal by-catch of bullheads etc... Nothing can see the lure lol.

Someone told me last night the bulk of the run goes up the South Arm.  Any thoughts on this?

Every time I have tried the North Arm I have not been successful but I have a feeling I just haven't given it enough of a chance and, maybe, arrived at the wrong times.  Anyway, I will be spending a lot more time on the North Arm this season so I am hoping to find out for myself if the "all locations are equal" rule is really true or not.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #250 on: September 02, 2011, 11:23:19 AM »

You're free to post whatever you want as long as it is within the guideline. If I didn't want the info on the forum, I would have be on the delete button like a dictator. ;D

Like I said in the previous post, feel free to continue posting reports of catches at specific locations if you want more company at the same spot on the following day. ;) The river is definitely big enough for all, but a stretch of few hundred feet might not be big enough on the other hand. Personally, I prefer to let people know the general area where fish are biting (South Arm, North Arm, Richmond, New West, Delta).

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #251 on: September 02, 2011, 11:29:53 AM »

Someone told me last night the bulk of the run goes up the South Arm.  Any thoughts on this?

Every time I have tried the North Arm I have not been successful but I have a feeling I just haven't given it enough of a chance and, maybe, arrived at the wrong times.  Anyway, I will be spending a lot more time on the North Arm this season so I am hoping to find out for myself if the "all locations are equal" rule is really true or not.

I believe the bulk goes up the South Arm but plenty of fish still go up the North Arm.  North Arm can be productive for coho as well during the right time.

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #252 on: September 02, 2011, 11:47:41 AM »

This is what Richmond will look like this Long weekend  ;D

humble_kid

« Reply #253 on: September 02, 2011, 11:48:32 AM »

Anyone been down to pegleg or Hope area lately? I'm thinking about heading down there during the weekend, but don't know how things are looking....

paulbish

« Reply #254 on: September 02, 2011, 12:07:29 PM »

Was in Hope yesterday afternoon, water is much lower than late last week. Fishing is slower for Soxs and still seeing Springs being caught.