Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing around Maple Ridge  (Read 10569 times)

salmonsturgeontrout

Fishing around Maple Ridge
« on: August 09, 2011, 06:08:22 PM »

Hey everyone, I recently moved to the other side of the river between Maple Ridge and Mission and was wondering if anyone knows of any spots to bar fish the Fraser from shore or to spincast/floatfish for salmon around the Maple Ridge/ Mission area. If you dont want to post on the board you can pm me or contact me at: bowenkevin@hotmail.com . I already know of some local lakes to try trout fishing but if you have some ideas feel free to let me know as well. Thanks in advance

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Fishing around Maple Ridge
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 07:27:42 PM »

Maple Ridge does not have great shore access to the Fraser River. On top of that the north side of the Fraser has a steeper drop off making it tougher to fish. The spots that we do have here are not exactly just put on the internet. Boat access is the best or heading to the Langley/Abbotsford side of the river for better shore fishing.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

poper

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 09:18:21 PM »

Around the mouth of the kanaka creek is a good spot,up river from the mouth seems to be goood, I have done well in that area.

adecadelost

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 09:19:21 AM »

As stated earlier, shore access on the north side of the fraser is not the best. Further ahead to jump over the mission bridge and access the river from the other side.
You do have some other options on that side though, including the Stave and the Nicomen, Chehalis, and the Harrison.  I grew up between maple ridge and mission and remember fondly fishing the many small creeks and lakes in the area.  I'm sure its changed a lot over the years but you'd be surprised the size of some of the fish in those small creeks.  Get out and explore the area it can be very rewarding.

Sam6140

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 03:47:34 PM »

Give Pitt River a try... lots of areas there to fish

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 06:22:54 PM »

there are very few fish in kanaka and even if there were you shouldnt talk about small systems on the net. If youre curios about a river, go check it out for yourself. Thats the best way to find out.

Give him a break, he was talking about fishing the Fraser at the mouth of the creek, and up river (the FRASER) from the mouth, not in the creek itself.  Your comment has probably sent more people there to check out what the big secret is.
Not all those who wander are lost