Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rod Alterations  (Read 5347 times)

DionJL

• Old Timer
Rod Alterations
« on: October 18, 2011, 12:06:55 PM »

I'm looking to get some alterations made to a custom built rod I purchased used from someone. I would like to get a W-Footing installed instead of the current sliding reel seat. The rod needs a new butt-box, and there is a name written on the rod that I'd like removed. I'm looking for someone that could do the work for me in a timely and cost effective manner.

I figure the work should be fairly simple the way the cork is shaped. Take the butt-box off, slide the reel seat off the cork, slide on the upper ring for the new w-footing, install lower portion of the w-footing, install new butt-box, and finally remove name above cork.

If you have any suggestions of builders capable of doing this work, please send me their contact info. I'm looking to get the work done in a Monday-Friday period (while I'm not fishing) so I don't have any fishing 'down-time'.

Thanks,
Dion L.

nickredway

• Old Timer
Re: Rod Alterations
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 08:59:52 PM »

Hi Dion,
I'd go with Brian at West Coast fishing tackle, he is quick and I thought really reasonable when he has done stuff for me.

Dogbreath

Re: Rod Alterations
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 09:16:16 PM »

Hi Dion,I'd go with Brian at West Coast fishing tackle, he is quick and I thought really reasonable when he has done stuff for me.
Agree with Nick-with Brian it'll be ready when he says it'll be ready no monkeying around.

Give him a call either he or his wife Bonnie can give you idea of cost/timing 604-254-0004