Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Access Points Closed On The Chilliwack River  (Read 2815 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Access Points Closed On The Chilliwack River
« on: July 04, 2011, 05:19:14 PM »

Took a drive up into the Chilliwack River Valley this afternoon to see how bad the garbage situation was after the July 1 weekend. From the Tamihi Bridge to the Chilliwack River Hatchery it was not too bad.

Part of this I guess is because a number of access points to the River like the Ranger Run have been deactivated.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Access Points Closed On The Chilliwack River
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 05:27:43 PM »

Oops posted before I was finished. I am not sure who did the work but could have been the Fraser Valley Regional District that finally got sick of all the mess some campers leave behind. I think there was around access roads  closed off.

Will be less for us to cleanup on July 23, the second cleanup of 2011 put on by the Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Society.

Also had a look in at the hatchery but no early Chinooks in the channel, that I could see anyway.

BNF861

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 06:16:07 PM »

Thats good to hear Chris that the garbage isn't too bad, especially after the long weekend.

Its sure can get bad above tamahi as people are allowed to just pull over and camp anywhere.

Ranger run area especially can get quite disgusting at times with garbage  :'(

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 08:15:35 PM »

Why the hell did they put the Traffic lights at Tamahi bridge..... Please tell me its just for the summer months.... ::)
The Bigger The Better!

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 09:24:57 PM »

Why the hell did they put the Traffic lights at Tamahi bridge..... Please tell me its just for the summer months.... ::)

I heard it was a safety issue.  More traffic, speed, corners on either end...  accidents waiting to happen!
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 09:47:13 PM »

Thats good to hear Chris that the garbage isn't too bad, especially after the long weekend.

Its sure can get bad above tamahi as people are allowed to just pull over and camp anywhere.

Ranger run area especially can get quite disgusting at times with garbage  :'(
They can not drive into thye Ranger now.

buck

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 11:57:09 AM »

Bridge has some structural problems and can handle only so much weight. Will be repaired during the fishery widow in August /Sept.

Butch1949

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 06:19:43 PM »

Glad to hear Chris that the garbage issue is down some, I'm new yet to this site and this is one of the organized activities I would like to help with please keep the times posted and Thx :)
"I don't catch fish"

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 08:07:29 AM »

Glad to hear Chris that the garbage issue is down some, I'm new yet to this site and this is one of the organized activities I would like to help with please keep the times posted and Thx :)
Thanks, here is the Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Societies web site www.cleanrivers.ca