Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capilano bait ban...huh??  (Read 8318 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Capilano bait ban...huh??
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 12:16:28 AM »

I have to disagree on this point as I live close to the Cap and fish there often. During the bait ban period last year, I have seen DFO officers (not COs) more than a few  times at the Cable Pool area checking licenses, hooks and checking for other violations.  I think it would be unfair to say that the DFO is not doing their job on the Cap.

Very nice and well but how often do they expend some energy and check the more less accessible spots ? That's where the action is.

nickredway

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 05:36:25 AM »

Got to agree with FA on that point. In the last two years I have fished the river a lot (4+ times a week) and I have never seen a CO in the mid to lower. On the flip side though I have also heard that they are the same CO's that deal with the Squamish area and concentrating their efforts up there should be more of  priority with the limited resources I'm sure they have IMO.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 09:31:08 AM by nickredway »

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 11:26:23 PM »

Very nice and well but how often do they expend some energy and check the more less accessible spots ? That's where the action is.

Hate to disagree with you FA but uhhh, what action are you talking about ??? And do you really think that with the manpower shortage we have now with dfo's it would be smart to send them on a wild goose chase deep into the canyon or some other hard to reach area, and to check what ???

I've only been fishing the river 30 plus years so maybe I'm missing something that only a select few know. The people I've met and watched fishing are mostly intelligent and law abiding and they take the time to hike to get away from the rabble that fish the Cable Hole. I would welcome any officer to show up deep in the canyon to check me and the other fishermen out for licences or what-not. And I would equally laugh and say, "What a waste of time for you guy's to be here ! ", "Our tax dollar's at work"

My 2 pennies worth.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 12:23:35 AM »

The bait ban applies to the entire river. If they can't or even try to enforce the regulations, why implement it in the first place ? The action I'm referring to is the use of bait during the bait ban. They don't have to go into the canyon areas to find the culprits. Just go down to the highway bridge and you find rocks covered in borax.