Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Greg Clark Memorial Fishing Derby At Cultus Lake, June 18th  (Read 13010 times)

buck

Re: Greg Clark Memorial Fishing Derby At Cultus Lake, June 18th
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2011, 09:04:19 PM »

ED
What if 20 anglers were to catch 100 fish each? That would amount to a lot of $$$ the Salmon Society would have to pay out . Where do you think all the money is going to come from? The potential
to catch a lot more fish ( juveniles ) with all the exposure the derby has created is a given. You and I both know a number of anglers who have expressed interest in next years derby. I'm not the one who will be making the decision on next years derby and it may stay the same. Either way I will be out doing my part to help slaughter the little buggers.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2011, 01:39:37 PM »

I agree.
If every angler was hitting 100 little guys they would go broke for sure.
However there were boats around us all day and many were not catching any while we were hauling them in constantly.
As said before, maybe make the tagged ones worth less or not $500 a piece. You could also take away the $100 draws. That's an extra $1000 towards fish caught.

I will def be there right along with you slaying the little buggers even if they are no longer $2 a fish.
More outta the lake the better.
Looking forward to next years derby already!

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2011, 04:51:15 PM »

I would pay 10 bucks to fish in the derby no problem. Maybe if it's popular enough the entry fee can go to ease the finances. I didn't catch anything but I did get someone else to go to the derby. :) He's already talking about bringing his family next year.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

phogan

• and wave them like you just dont care.
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2011, 07:40:23 AM »

I would pay 10 bucks to fish in the derby no problem. Maybe if it's popular enough the entry fee can go to ease the finances. I didn't catch anything but I did get someone else to go to the derby. :) He's already talking about bringing his family next year.

even out there in the rain in a float tube, i would totally pay 10 next year, and i didnt catch a damn thing besides a bucket full of sucker fish.  BIG UPS to ben trainer, thanks for takin us out on the boat.
----------------------------------------------------------
you can never get enough.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2011, 10:08:40 AM »

Check out te Fraser Valley Salmon Society's Facebook page for some more photo's

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=145467188860704&set=a.145467132194043.36804.111769675563789&type=1