Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BC Salmon Catch Increasingly Controlled by Few Corporations  (Read 1940 times)

nosey

Re: BC Salmon Catch Increasingly Controlled by Few Corporations
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 10:35:02 AM »

Stacked quotas by some billionaire investor, sounds like some car salesman trick to me.

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 11:58:52 AM »

--Stacked quota is a great idea, such a good fisheries management tool should also be applied to the recreational fishery... Hey Chris... if OK with you I'll catch the 5 trout you're allowed on Skaha on my boat.

--If anyone asks why I have so many fish on board I will just say the information is confidential and everything should be OK.

StillAqua

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 02:28:12 PM »

--Stacked quota is a great idea, such a good fisheries management tool should also be applied to the recreational fishery... Hey Chris... if OK with you I'll catch the 5 trout you're allowed on Skaha on my boat.

--If anyone asks why I have so many fish on board I will just say the information is confidential and everything should be OK.

You can have mine for $20 Skaha...isn't that how this works?

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 03:52:26 PM »

--with many things it seems that good intentions are often manipulated if not carefully monitored.
--with newer efficient boats... it makes sense that some shift of quota could be a benefit... smaller fleet to monitor, safer boats, less carbon footprint per pound etc.

-- $20 except I'm the only one allowed to buy the quota so if you want to sell I'd only give you $5 and I'd pay you at the end of the season and if I didn't use all the quota I would reduce the payment to the portion of the quota I caught.