Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: st croixs rods  (Read 2278 times)

fishgutz63

st croixs rods
« on: April 19, 2011, 02:00:13 PM »

was thinking of adding a 5wt 2pc 9'-9'-6" st croixs imperial fast action fly rod to my collection,just wanted to know if anyone owns one and what do you think of it .thanxs  :)

HOOK

• Old Timer
Re: st croixs rods
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 02:23:20 PM »

you should go on FlyBC.ca

there are lots of guys that fish St. Criox rods and love them and i know several of them do not use this site
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

fishfulthinkin

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 02:27:57 PM »

can't speak for the imperial, but i own a 6wt Legend Ultra and all it took was the first cast to make me a fan

CYR

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 07:36:30 PM »

I have an early 90s St. Croix 5 weight custom build rod, still my go to lake rod this days.

Iyekim76

• Facebook Mike-SL
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 03:42:23 AM »

was thinking of adding a 5wt 2pc 9'-9'-6" st croixs imperial fast action fly rod to my collection,just wanted to know if anyone owns one and what do you think of it .thanxs  :)

Hi Fishgutz73,

I started with a St. Croix Triumph 6wt. 2 piece a couple of years ago to replace a Cortland 5wt. which broke during camping. I'm still using the Triumph for my lake fishing till this day. Ended up getting a St. Croix Imperial 8wt. 4 pc for my birthday and I can say that I enjoy casting the Imperial much more!
  Perhaps, testing out the rod first and try to compare with comparable rods. My friends and brother in law are all going for the Sage rods now but I'm quite content with St. Croix' fast action rods. All I can say is, Imperials are an incredible bang for your buck!

Iyekim76
---------------------¿<•}},'-'{]~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fishgutz63

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 06:28:03 PM »

thanxs guys for your replies got myself a st croix 5wt fast action  from wholesale langley great price,went fishing and it sure is a bang for your buck :)