Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NHL 2011 Playoff Chat  (Read 132631 times)

holmes

• photobucket.com
Re: NHL 2011 Playoff Chat
« Reply #390 on: June 15, 2011, 06:07:00 PM »

lol, ::) ....holmes*

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #391 on: June 15, 2011, 09:28:18 PM »

:(

Thats all I got. I am a lifelong fan. As much as I will probably be proud of them at some point for how far they came its not right now. I am very disappointed. This was the first Canucks team that was favored to win it all and they let us down. Bruins were the better team.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #392 on: June 15, 2011, 10:03:39 PM »

It was fun while it lasted.  There's always next year.
Not all those who wander are lost

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #393 on: June 15, 2011, 10:09:06 PM »

I for one thought Canucks had a great season, Boston was definitely the better team and they deserved to win, it's a sad day but I am excited about watching this group do it again next year, this has all been a great experience for the team and their fans !! I'm am disgusted that some people think that destroying our city is an appropriate way of ending this excellent season

TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #394 on: June 15, 2011, 10:19:34 PM »

The people destroying our city have nothing to do with the team, the game or even hockey.  They are using the game as an excuse to gather in numbers so they can be idiots.  They would be doing this win or lose and would use any other  major event if they thought they could get away with it.
Not all those who wander are lost

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #395 on: June 15, 2011, 10:45:56 PM »

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #396 on: June 15, 2011, 11:20:01 PM »

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #397 on: June 16, 2011, 09:43:26 AM »

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

Roosevelt.

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #398 on: June 16, 2011, 11:54:50 AM »

Great Series! all be it a little disappointing for many in Canada and for Canuck fans of course but the season was a huge success in my opinion. Canuck fans should be proud. ;D
Congrats on a great year!

The people doing the rioting and damaging our city were not fans of anything but a bunch of degenerate idiots. I bet most didnt even watch the game. FOOLS! >:( >:( they will get theirs coming.

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #399 on: June 16, 2011, 12:51:39 PM »

well i personally would like to say congrats to a GREAT season folks, your team ruled the league this season and played great all season, it came down to 60 mins and ya just couldnt close the deal, guess thats why they play the playoffs and dont hand out the major piece of hardware based on reg season stats, ive had a ton of fun this year on this and many other forums bantering back and forth with the true fans and afterall you did knock out my HAWKS, its all in good fun and to be honest, after the first 2 games against boston i was sure i would be congratulating all you fine fans on this forum for a job well done, well i still am saying a job well done, i am already looking forward to next year and in no way associate anyone on this forum with actions of a few last nite, like many have said, lets go fishing...ps some may think i'd be all over rubbing it in, but i do have class and morals, let the grieving process continue and i will leave the heckling till the fall, did i want the canucks to win no, but i take no joy in your sadness of your team losing...holmes*

and blaydrnr as per your post on my joke in the lost and found, i have full respect, so if you would like to explain yourself then take it up with me, im not hard to find, stop hiding behind a key board, i do have respect and for you to imply i dont, well, you have no clue who i am and your post is pointless ....

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
« Reply #400 on: June 16, 2011, 03:03:32 PM »

Holmes... I enjoyed the banter between you and the others members on this forums during this playoff run.

Nice to see you ending it with class.   :)

Us Canuckleheads will have to go back to our mantra - 'There is always next year'.  ;)
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #401 on: June 16, 2011, 03:35:30 PM »

the officiating needs a major overhaul, if not a complete teardown and rebuild, shannahan is the new disciplinarian i think.....holmes*

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #402 on: June 16, 2011, 04:08:28 PM »

Its gotta be a free for all next year as to who the starter will be.  No you can't pin the series loss on Lou when the entire team can't score, but you need at least GOOD goaltending to win a cup, Lou didn't deliver that.  He didn't give his team any confidence whatsoever.  He was out tended in every series by the opposing goalie.

The Canucks made it WAY to easy on Thomas.

The Sedins proved that they can't adapt against top D pairs on a regular basis.  Keith/Seabrook, Suter/Wever, Chara/Siedenberg shut them down.  It really exposes Kesler as relatively by himself on the 2nd line.  The Canucks need a compliment for Kesler to have a second wave.  Or get Burr back with Kesler, and find a player that can compliment the Sedins.

It will be interesting to see what happens with this team going forward.  Hard to imagine the Canucks trading Schneider, but it is quite clear, that the Canucks need a fast, physical player to compliment Kesler.  But can they afford to move their best asset with a great contract ($900K) next year, then RFA status after that, for a piece.

Too bad Sameulsson is still on the books for one more year.  Mason Raymond is going into a contract year but with a serious back injury, so he might not be moveable. 

Tanner Glass has proven useless.  Especially if the Canucks keep Lapiere and Torres, both of whom are restricted free agents. 

I can't see Ehroff staying.  The Canucks will have to open their wallet for Bieksa, wonder if he will take a bit of a hometown discount.  The Canucks have Tanev who looks ready for prime time minutes.  Salo is an UFA, wonder if his career is over, or if he'd come back for a 1 year, 2MM deal or something like that for one more run.  I wonder if the Nucks will bet the farm and go for Weber.  Bieksa/Hamhuis, Edler/Weber, now thats a top 4., Alberts/Rome/Tanev/Ballard (whomever, to fill out the bottom pair)

It will be interesting to see if there is a team that has a trouble contract forward that the Canucks could swap for Ballard seeing how far he's fallen out of favour.

What do the Canucks do with Hodson?

Hansen must be due for a raise.  He was great, start to finish this year, he is an RFA.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #403 on: June 16, 2011, 06:39:22 PM »

well i personally would like to say congrats to a GREAT season folks, your team ruled the league this season and played great all season, it came down to 60 mins and ya just couldnt close the deal, guess thats why they play the playoffs and dont hand out the major piece of hardware based on reg season stats, ive had a ton of fun this year on this and many other forums bantering back and forth with the true fans and afterall you did knock out my HAWKS, its all in good fun and to be honest, after the first 2 games against boston i was sure i would be congratulating all you fine fans on this forum for a job well done, well i still am saying a job well done, i am already looking forward to next year and in no way associate anyone on this forum with actions of a few last nite, like many have said, lets go fishing...ps some may think i'd be all over rubbing it in, but i do have class and morals, let the grieving process continue and i will leave the heckling till the fall, did i want the canucks to win no, but i take no joy in your sadness of your team losing...holmes*

and blaydrnr as per your post on my joke in the lost and found, i have full respect, so if you would like to explain yourself then take it up with me, im not hard to find, stop hiding behind a key board, i do have respect and for you to imply i dont, well, you have no clue who i am and your post is pointless ....

Thumbs up!!

I am still upset over the loss. I still cant be proud of the team. 37 years supporting them, 3 Stanley Cup finals and 0 wins. I love my Nuks but right now I am just disappointed in them.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #404 on: June 16, 2011, 07:12:19 PM »

Looking forward to next season when the Leafs will be in the playoffs too. ;D ;D ;D

A great season for the Canucks and their supporters on this forum, only one game short on winning the hardest cup in all of sports.