Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NHL 2011 Playoff Chat  (Read 132628 times)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: NHL 2011 Playoff Chat
« Reply #300 on: June 07, 2011, 08:28:02 AM »

As was stated by Bieksa last night, "It's not the biggest cumulative score that wins the Stanley cup, it's the first team to win 4 games."

Last time I checked Vancouver led the series 2-1.... 
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #301 on: June 07, 2011, 09:02:25 AM »

really AF ::), we'll see after wednesday, should be all tied up 2-2......holmes*

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #302 on: June 07, 2011, 09:11:21 AM »

really AF ::), we'll see after wednesday, should be all tied up 2-2......holmes*

That's what I love about playoff hockey... anything can happen!  ;D ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #303 on: June 07, 2011, 09:51:43 AM »

rome just got 4 games....holmes*

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #304 on: June 07, 2011, 10:07:06 AM »

rome just got 4 games....holmes*

Apparently Horton got 4 games as well....  not a bad trade.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #305 on: June 07, 2011, 10:16:07 AM »

Yup the team had some breakdowns last night..... but isn't the " Best Goalie In The World " supposed to make big saves when they need him ? overall stats last night shots on goal 41-38 Canucks.... scoring chances 17-14 Canucks .......... really makes you wonder .... the only time Luongo looks Ok is when the team is airtight in front of him.. games like this just reaffirm my belief that Lou just isn't as good as everyone thinks... Just Sayin
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #306 on: June 07, 2011, 10:42:27 AM »

Apparently Horton got 4 games as well....  not a bad trade.

;D ;D

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #307 on: June 07, 2011, 11:09:55 AM »

na i wouldnt rub that in 8-1 says it all doesnt it?,lol, i stopped cheering when it was 4-0, i figured by then it was going to be a route, ya had to imagine boston would come out with a game like that and lulongoal was due to have a stinker, he probably just let all his stinker goals in for the series in one game, he'll probably be stellar for the rest of the series, i truely think beantown will come out on fire again on wednesday, should be another tite affair and i look for a 1 goal game again, maybe a 2 goal game with an empty netter, in favour of the bears of course,lol....holmes*
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 11:12:03 AM by holmes »

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #308 on: June 07, 2011, 11:16:58 AM »

Wow Holmes....respect!!! Thought for sure you'd rub that in.

Ahh yes...Luongo haters emerge, it's all his fault!! I still take Luongo over Thomas anyday. I like Thomas's never give up attitude but that flopping style is easily exposed for a good shooting team, the Canucks tend to make goalies look good by shooting directly at the goalie.

Never been a Coach V fan and to see him mess with the PP combos like that and leave Luongo in just cements my thoughts of him. At one point the Canucks could have made it respectable but it just seemed that they wanted to forget the game and wait till the next.  It's so embarrassing losing that way and to hide that by saying "A loss is a loss" is BS!! I sure hope they realize how brutal they were and come out with anger next game.

Relax people....this wasn't going to be a sweep even though I myself thought it, it just would have been a dream ending to win it all in Boston.

It's got nothing to do with hating Luongo, I just believe he is extremely overated !! stats don't lie !! Canucks had more scoring chances than Boston and they lost 8-1
that is what we call basic math !! and in the end Thomas is the only reason Boston is in the finals ... watch the first period again ... Vancouver was all over the Bruins and had at least 5 great scoring chances while Boston was running around in their own end, Thomas made huge saves and kept his team in it.... fast forward to the second, Canucks are running around and Lou could't stop a beach ball..... add it all up and it's pretty easy to see that even though Canucks will win this series Thomas is a much better goalie than Lou

and as for you A.V comment, he stated that he asked Luongo if he wanted out of the game and he told A.V. that he wanted to stay in the game

TH
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 11:20:21 AM by TrophyHunter »

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #309 on: June 07, 2011, 11:31:36 AM »

Wow Holmes....respect!!! Thought for sure you'd rub that in.

Ahh yes...Luongo haters emerge, it's all his fault!! I still take Luongo over Thomas anyday. I like Thomas's never give up attitude but that flopping style is easily exposed for a good shooting team, the Canucks tend to make goalies look good by shooting directly at the goalie.

Never been a Coach V fan and to see him mess with the PP combos like that and leave Luongo in just cements my thoughts of him. At one point the Canucks could have made it respectable but it just seemed that they wanted to forget the game and wait till the next.  It's so embarrassing losing that way and to hide that by saying "A loss is a loss" is BS!! I sure hope they realize how brutal they were and come out with anger next game.

Relax people....this wasn't going to be a sweep even though I myself thought it, it just would have been a dream ending to win it all in Boston.

I heard the Luongo interview after the game and he indicated that AV had asked him if he wanted to come out after goal #5 and Luongo said he refused. He said something about, he got the team there, so he didn't want to leave the crease..

I think that shows character and team spirit and I respect Luongo more for it. I believe Thomas is the better goalie though.

Edit: Just noticed Trophyhunter said the same thing...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 11:33:10 AM by alwaysfishn »

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #310 on: June 07, 2011, 12:55:06 PM »

That is where you are wrong, if Shnieder was is net he wouldn't have let in 8 goals because his style doesn't allow him to flop around on the ice like Luongo does after dropping his stick on every play, once Luongo goes down he is the slowest goalie in ther League to get back on his feet, nor does he offer up huge rebounds into the slot like Lou does, usually our D cleans up his mess in front but last night they wern't there to make him look good.. facts are facts, Luongo is getting outplayed by a far superior goalie at the other end of the rink.. BTW Thomas stopped three breakaways last night alone.. every one of those would have got past Lou

TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #311 on: June 07, 2011, 01:12:10 PM »

thats the reason why lou needs such a stellar D in front of him, he aint THAT good....holmes*

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #312 on: June 07, 2011, 03:18:18 PM »

It's got nothing to do with hating Luongo, I just believe he is extremely overated !! stats don't lie !! Canucks had more scoring chances than Boston and they lost 8-1
that is what we call basic math !! and in the end Thomas is the only reason Boston is in the finals ... watch the first period again ... Vancouver was all over the Bruins and had at least 5 great scoring chances while Boston was running around in their own end, Thomas made huge saves and kept his team in it.... fast forward to the second, Canucks are running around and Lou could't stop a beach ball..... add it all up and it's pretty easy to see that even though Canucks will win this series Thomas is a much better goalie than Lou

and as for you A.V comment, he stated that he asked Luongo if he wanted out of the game and he told A.V. that he wanted to stay in the game

TH

Show me the goals which where he could actually see the puck. Sure he didnt play his best game but up until last night his stats were just as good as Thomas. So show me the highlights in which he could actually SEE the puck...

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #313 on: June 07, 2011, 05:41:53 PM »

Thomas can't see them either, he just makes sure he is in position and he makes the saves, luongo may have the same numbers as Thomas but he is also playing behind a much better team, you show me one game where he has stolen the game for the team !!! He hasn't because he doesn't need to where as Thomas has to stand on his head on a nightly basis. Last night was the first game in these playoffs where they needed Lou to be a difference and he couldn't !! That is the difference between a great goalie like Thomas and an average goalie like luongo
TH
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 05:44:34 PM by TrophyHunter »

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #314 on: June 07, 2011, 09:06:24 PM »

That is where you are wrong, if Shnieder was is net he wouldn't have let in 8 goals because his style doesn't allow him to flop around on the ice like Luongo does after dropping his stick on every play, once Luongo goes down he is the slowest goalie in ther League to get back on his feet, nor does he offer up huge rebounds into the slot like Lou does, usually our D cleans up his mess in front but last night they wern't there to make him look good.. facts are facts, Luongo is getting outplayed by a far superior goalie at the other end of the rink.. BTW Thomas stopped three breakaways last night alone.. every one of those would have got past Lou

TH

No one is denying that Thomas is a great Goalie, or that he is better than Luongo.  Even after Luo got a SHUTOUT in game one, the talk was about how great Thomas was.  This series would be a wash without Thomas.  That does not change the fact that Luongo has been great, has made great saves, has had repeated shut out performances, and it is not all the defense's doing either, so do not kid yourself.  Up until last night his rebound control was phenomenal, absorbing everything, or steering it into the corners, but like the rest of the team, he was off his game.  Once the Canucks stopped hitting (after Rome was ejected for a body check that, let's face it, if Horton had not hit his head and had bounced right back up, would not have even warranted a penalty let alone a 4 game suspension), Lou struggled to control the puck and that left him vulnerable as the D was not going to clear the garbage for him.
Not all those who wander are lost