Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NHL 2011 Playoff Chat  (Read 134144 times)

Damien

• Old Timer
Re: NHL 2011 Playoff Chat
« Reply #240 on: May 24, 2011, 10:18:46 PM »

Four wins to go.

GO CANUCKS GO

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #241 on: May 24, 2011, 10:33:23 PM »

Congratulations to you and your team. ::) :o ;D

Come along for the ride Chris. You know you want to :)

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #242 on: May 24, 2011, 10:34:04 PM »

Beat the Hawks in 7, the Preds in 6, and the Sharks in 5.  Hmmmm.  :o
Not all those who wander are lost

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #243 on: May 24, 2011, 11:30:24 PM »

At least the Jim Hughson knew the puck went up in the air and Bieksa shot it into the net:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgVvlnAz9hA

Versus play-by-play is way goofier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp29-TggOps

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #244 on: May 24, 2011, 11:57:31 PM »

WOO FEAKIN HOO!!!! How do you like that!!! Canucks going to the FINALS!!!

Luongo the star of tonights game. The guy stood on his head tonight ( actually the last two games ) Sharks had double the shots of the Canucks in the last two games. When it mattered most Luongo was on top of his game.

Lightning? Bruins? I would rather see them face the Lightning. Bruins could shut the Canucks down more like the Preds and it would be a hard fought series.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #245 on: May 25, 2011, 12:52:40 AM »

Domo arigato, Mister Roberto!

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #246 on: May 25, 2011, 12:56:34 AM »

I thought this board was for fans of teams that are still playing in the playoffs?  Holmes, when this thread first started, I thought you were just a passionate Hawks fan trashtalking on this board for fun like it should be.  But now I get a sense that you are truly bitter about the success that Canucks are having.  As much as I hated the Hawks for beating us last year and the year before,  I acknowledged that they were the better team and did not say or do anything to diminish their accomplishments.  Cheering for a team you hate almost as much just to spite us Canuck fans is just plain pathetic.  Give it a rest man.  

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #247 on: May 25, 2011, 10:24:37 AM »

congratulation to all canuck fans. a great effort last night and well deserved to play in Lord Stanley's Cup.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #248 on: May 25, 2011, 11:42:03 AM »

oh please, save your condescending attitudes for someone else, you can step down from your high horses anytime ladies, and the only ones embarrassing themselves are the ones kidding themselves that they are the next jim hughson with your crapnucks biased so called analysis,  if its not brown nosing each other and and your constant crapnuck lovefests then its just internet blabber?, you girls make me laugh my arse off, we'll just see who wins in the final, highly doubt it will be the crapnucks, what would you clowns like me to do, just jump aboard your crapnuck loveboat and throw on a skirt and become a cheer leader like everyone else?, not gonna happen, and yer certainly not going to drive me away, by some of the comments, its just furthering my understanding about the typical crapnuck fans, all good when yer winning and in everyones face, but god forbid you're losing, you all hide like scared little mice when the cats around, call for the team to be dismantled, and blame  it all on the refs, LMFAO, like i said, typical, and not just typical for the internet,everyday life as well, crapnuck fans are the worst fans in the nhl, period.....i can talk hockey all day long, but whats the point when the majority of the crapnuck fans around here see through rose coloured glasses...i really could care less about your opinions of me ::)  .....holmes*

no one is asking you to jump on the bandwagon, they're just asking you to show a little respect and maybe demonstrate some class.... don't you watch the game?  ???  seriously dude,  if you haven't noticed even the most rivaled team will always line up and shake hands at the end of their series.

you've crossed the line...now you're just making yourself look like a bantering fool.... you should take a page out of Chris and Rhino's play book.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 11:57:11 AM by blaydRnr »

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #249 on: May 25, 2011, 01:20:16 PM »

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #250 on: May 26, 2011, 09:49:18 AM »

I found an old Yahoo chat from the early beginnings of the internet.

Here are some posts on a message board from....you guess it.  During the 1994 run.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sports.hockey.nhl.vanc-canucks/topics?start=57850&sa=N

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #251 on: May 26, 2011, 11:49:13 AM »

Wednesday, June 1  Stanley Cup finals Game 1: Boston or Tampa Bay at Vancouver, 8 p.m. ET

Saturday, June 4  Stanley Cup finals Game 2: Boston or Tampa Bay at Vancouver, 8 p.m. ET

Monday, June 6 Stanley Cup finals Game 3: Vancouver at Boston or Tampa Bay, 8 p.m. ET

Wednesday, June 8 Stanley Cup finals Game 4: Vancouver at Boston or Tampa Bay, 8 p.m. ET

Friday, June 10 Stanley Cup finals Game 5 (if necessary): Boston or Tampa Bay at Vancouver, 8 p.m. ET

Monday, June 13 Stanley Cup finals Game 6 (if necessary): Vancouver at Boston or Tampa Bay, 8 p.m. ET

Wednesday, June 15 Stanley Cup finals Game 7 (if necessary): Boston or Tampa Bay at Vancouver, 8 p.m. ET

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #252 on: May 26, 2011, 03:29:22 PM »

Sharks injury list was released;

From WTC:

Annual post-playoff injury list: Demers, Nichol, Heatley, Clowe, Boyle, Couture, Pavelski, Thornton
POSTED BY DAVID POLLAK ON MAY 26TH, 2011 AT 1:04 PM | CATEGORIZED AS GENERAL, HOCKEY, NHL, SHARKS, SPORTS

Playoffs over, here’s the annual injury report –though both players and coach Todd McLellan were a little vague as to when some of the damage actually occurred.

And we’ll start with some that weren’t in general circulation before now and work our way to Joe Thornton.

1. Jason Demers — right ankle, high sprain from Game 7 of Detroit series. Despite what was said during the Vancouver series he never was 100 percent good to go, mostly from a conditioning standpoint, but felt he might have been fully back for a sixth game in the Western Conference finals.

2. Scott Nichol — serious laceration above his knee requiring 20 stitches after being cut by Raffi Torres’s skate blade in Game 2. Nichol said there was no way he could have played in Game 3, and when the newly constructed fourth line had success after that, he totally understood the coaching staff’s decision to keep things as they were.

3. Dany Heatley — A broken left hand during the season and a high-ankle injury suffered during Game 3 of the Vancouver series.

4. Ryane Clowe — Shoulder separation, similar to Joe Thornton’s. Going to meet with medical staff today to find out if surgery required, likely three to four months of rehab needed. Clowe said only that it occurred in the Detroit series — even when asked directly if it resulted from that major hit by Nicklas Kronwall. Players said Clowe was so badly hurt he needed help getting his jersey on. “The toughest part was starting the game, but once the adrenaline got going, you start to think about other things,” Clowe said. And he thought that the secrecy worked, because Ryan Kesler kept asking him how his concussion was doing.

5. Dan Boyle — A damaged MCL in his left knee from a March 17 game against the Minnesota Wild, where he went down awkwardly along the end boards. Knee will have to be scoped to see if further surgery is required.

6. Logan Couture — Broken nose suffered when he collided with Clowe in Game 3 of the Vancouver series.

7. Joe Pavelski — Bothered by an ankle problem. He missed eight games from late December through early January with a lower body injury, but no confirmation that was the same issue.

8. Joe Thornton — Surgery scheduled today to reattach the tip of the little finger that was damaged late in the regular season after a slash from Dallas defenseman Stephane Robidas. Trying to play through that forced him to adjust his grip on the stick and that created a wrist problem, too. The shoulder separation in Game 4 of the Vancouver series? They’re going to wait till the swelling goes down over the next two weeks before determining if surgery is necessary.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #253 on: May 26, 2011, 07:23:24 PM »

Always interesting to see what injuries the players have been playing worth. You can never have enough depth. Stanley Cup is far and away the toughest championship to win.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #254 on: May 27, 2011, 12:00:51 AM »

After the loss Anti Niemi was overheard mumbling the words "Joten tämä on, miltä tuntui olla Luongo viime vuonna" which translate to "So this is how it felt to be Luongo last year"

From the Chicago Tribune Sports section