Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: trout lake /east van  (Read 2937 times)

fishgutz63

trout lake /east van
« on: March 20, 2011, 09:19:44 PM »

drove by trout lake in east van today saw a few folks fishing from shore just wanted to know if anyone knows if there is fish in there or does it get stocked ,or if fishing is permitted in this lake.thanxs  :)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: trout lake /east van
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 09:27:37 PM »

I would be very reluctant to eat anything that is caught out of that lake. To answer your question about stocking, I don't think that lake is stocked.

brownmancheng

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 09:42:41 PM »

X2

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 10:02:04 PM »

Trout Lake in East Van is contaminated with sewage pipes that run underneath it. Vancouver Coast Health's Beach water report (latest one from September) showed 914 per 100 ml.  When it's over 200, they closed the lake to wadding or swimming. 

http://www.vch.ca/your_environment/water_quality/recreational_water/beach_water_quality_report/beach_water_quality_report

According to a concession stand employee I talked to last summer, there are some trout in that lake. Better wash your hands if you want to catch and release ;D
If you don't mind consuming sewage then... bon appetite!

one more cast

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 10:19:06 PM »

I wouldn't even let a dog swim in that lake.
Such a shame because it could be a nice lake if the city had the budget...
but then again, it's Vancouver and would probably get vandalized in some way.

fishgutz63

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 10:40:16 PM »

i personally wouldnt want to even consume any fish from our stocked local lakes ,just walking around them i notice a lot of dog owners dont pick up after their dogs ,the bird droppings because people cant read the posted signs ,so guess were all that stuff ends up in after any sort of rainy days ;)so have at'er. catch n release only for me thank you :D

kosanin kosher salt

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 01:28:07 AM »

Im only a few minutes away from that trout lake and i can tell you that theres fish in that lake for sure . Carp , pumpkinseeds , bluegills , goldfish , rainbows and cuttthroat . Freshwater society stocked that lake a few years ago with brood stock and a number of small rainbows .  Good times there , thats the first place i ever fished .

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 10:28:33 AM »

Trout Lake is no longer part of FFSBC's stocking program due to the water quality.

If you decide to fish there and sewage is a concern, then you may wish to wear latex gloves to avoid any direct skin contact with water.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 05:03:13 PM »

Trout Lake is no longer part of FFSBC's stocking program due to the water quality.

If you decide to fish there and sewage is a concern, then you may wish to wear latex gloves to avoid any direct skin contact with water.

that's just sick...and i don't mean that in a good way. :P