Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First fish retro pics  (Read 4255 times)

Funeral Of Hearts

First fish retro pics
« on: January 06, 2011, 09:14:18 PM »

Just had an email from my mom, she must be going through old pictures. She sent me this beauty. This was apparently my first fish I ever caught, it was taken at Como Lake in Coquitlam in August of 1985, I was 4 years old at the time. Ive been fishing ever since....

Anyone else have any "first fish" pictures?

searun17

• Old Timer
Re: First fish retro pics
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 09:20:38 PM »

great pic, reminds me allot of the days when i was a kid in the seventies fishing that lake,brings back allot of great memories.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 09:24:10 PM »

I have pics of my first fish i reeled in by myself but i have no scanner to upload it. I was 4yrs old Barfishing the Fraser in Deroche and landed my first salmon unassisted, fish was around 4-5lbs. I had landed lots before that even monsters but always had the help of my dad holding up the big rod and holding my lifejacket handle so i didnt get pulled away  ;D I was basically born with a fishing rod in my hand because my mom fished (with my dad) right up until the day i was born. I was actually in the boat (on a lake) with my dad a month or so after being born (in my playpen of course)

Now i have my own kids and my son wasnt even a year old yet when he was helping daddy and grandpa haul in pink salmon, cant wait for this year when he will be able to almost reel them in himself  ;D
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 09:31:34 PM »

Now i have my own kids and my son wasnt even a year old yet when he was helping daddy and grandpa haul in pink salmon, cant wait for this year when he will be able to almost reel them in himself  ;D

My daughter was about 2 years old when she reeled in her first fish. Shes 5 now and will be coming pink fishing with me. Should be fun!

Thrasher

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 10:05:50 PM »

That's awesome. I wish I could come across some of when I was a kid. I do remember the story of the first one I caught however. I reeled it in and didn't know what to do with it. Practicing conservation at a young age I suppose. Dad took it off the hook and handed it to me and I tossed it back in the lake.  ;D

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 10:30:14 PM »

Cool pic! I just love the old fishing photos.

Don't know if I have any "first fish" pics as most of those are in albums in my parents basement, but my mother did send me a few pics from the early days last week.

This one goes back a ways.

Actually I wasn't even born, it was the summer of 1974 and my father somehow talked my mother "who was 8 months pregnant" into a fly-in trip for smallmouth and walleye in Northern Ontario. The doctor said it was ok so she agreed.
When they flew home the landing was a little rough and my mother ended up giving birth a couple days later  :o .

Here's a pic from my first fishing trip, I was three months old and we were doing some late fall camping on the French River.

Fast forward some 30+ years, mom and I doing some steelhead fishing on the vedder "circa 2005".
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 10:54:26 PM by lucky »

Fonda Fishing

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 10:48:43 PM »

these had to be scanned. 

i'll be celebrating the 3rd anniversary of my 29th birthday this year.

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 01:14:46 AM »

I know I have some old fishing photos in the parents photo albums. Heres one that was sent to me months ago via email. No fish in the photo but I caught many rock cod and perch off that dock in Pender Harbour, even a ling cod once. That photo would be late 80's. The last time I visited that cabin was in 2004, unfortunately the days of catching anything off that dock is long gone.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 10:57:46 AM »

Family...in Ontario...looks fun...fishing in suits and dresses   ;D

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 04:49:37 PM »

First salmon August 1950 off Cape Lazo near Comox on a Lucky Louie plug.    The rod is just for show, it was caught on a hand line from a rowed boat.   Dad handled the gaff as we didn't have a net in those days.

First trout, cutthroat and dollies, taken in Lower Campbell lake out from Forbe's Landing on willowtroll and worms, May 1951.

That batch of fish did things to my head, I have been chasing fish ever since.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 12:11:56 PM by VAGAbond »

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 11:11:42 AM »

Fish killer 101

Stealth

• Steve Kaye Sportfishing
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 11:51:24 AM »

Nice pic D.... is that from last week???   ;D

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 11:20:51 PM »

Oh ya, been catching the steelies since i was a toddler. Even got the dead eye hatchery hero shot pose.
Fish killer 101

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 09:26:05 AM »

Chehalis hatchery with friend Chris. Not sure where she is now but those were the days where we can easily hook into 6 or more steelhead in a day.