Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Honest Mistake.  (Read 11379 times)

skaha

• Old Timer
Re: Honest Mistake.
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 09:37:22 AM »

just curious but how many of you check for in season reg changes every time before you go out? I fish around 4 to 6 days a week and  have yet to google in season changes, just mostly keep up with changes on the forums and the odd person on the river. Mind you when the an season change comes I've always been aware of it in one way or another. Not saying this is the right way to do it but it just seems really labor intensive to keep up with searching this info out on the internet.

and for the record I know Steel Mo and he's a stand up guy for sure

--I use the RSS news feed feature set for in season reg changes in the areas I fish...always check when I go to areas I do not fish on a regular basis or areas that I know to expect changes. I find sometimes locals are surprised by the in season changes and still fish same day as they have for last 20 years instead of checking.
--For example Okanagan lk kokanee closed to fishing for over 10 years and still guys fishing and posting pictures of large out of season fish on line. . last few years have seen limited openings.

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 09:55:42 AM »

RE: Really, dude? You are truly serious? Little man syndrome?

I fully agree with sterling. SMH maned up to his mistake, and I believe him.
Fish on!

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2010, 11:30:46 AM »

owning up to your mistake is all fine and dandy but why do i have "little man syndrome" for enforcing the RULES ? seriously guys give your heads a shake about the reality of things out there. How many guys do you see DAILY fishing illegally ? I have probably seen one or more almost everytime to the river this year, even some of the local lakes  >:( Do i try to educate them anymore, No i dont because i have gotten tired of being ignored

im glad SMH owned up to his mistake however he only did after getting nailed on Facebook for it, he did say this in the first post. Just because you may know him or whatever you should try taking a neutral point of view. I would give my own family/friends crap for doing things like this.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 11:59:51 AM by Rodney »
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2010, 03:59:31 PM »

im glad SMH owned up to his mistake however he only did after getting nailed on Facebook for it,

So? Before Facebook he wasn't even aware of it.
You don't own up to a speeding violation unless you get nailed by a cop, do you? :D

k.c.

• A bad day fishing beats a good day working
    • west coast bass anglers
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2010, 04:31:48 PM »

Good friend ratting you out to this forum, why not the DFO instead? I agree with the post above, how many people on here have stopped after work/fishing and had a couple beers then hopped in your car and drove or been late and speed to get there. But have no problem wagging your finger at someone else for whatever, we are all hypocrites I think your buddy blabbing on here is a complete joke so you made a mistake and you owned up to it and probably won't do it again but your wanna be DFO friend has a major character flaw which he will never shake. If you see something questionable call the DFO rat line but to try to blacklist a guy after the fact.....GOOF

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2010, 05:57:19 PM »

owning up to your mistake is all fine and dandy but why do i have "little man syndrome" for enforcing the RULES ? seriously guys give your heads a shake about the reality of things out there. How many guys do you see DAILY fishing illegally ? I have probably seen one or more almost everytime to the river this year, even some of the local lakes  >:( Do i try to educate them anymore, No i dont because i have gotten tired of being ignored

im glad SMH owned up to his mistake however he only did after getting nailed on Facebook for it, he did say this in the first post. Just because you may know him or whatever you should try taking a neutral point of view. I would give my own family/friends crap for doing things like this.

Never met SMH nor have I have I had any sort of contact with him outside of this forum. Not too sure how my opinion isn't objective on this one? Maybe because its opposed to yours  :-\

What I have a problem is when a guy comes back here after being publicly embarrassed to apologize only to have to deal with snarky comments such as yours.

Kicking a guy while he's vulnerable. Asserting (imaginary) authority over others for your own self satisfaction. Seems like little man syndrome to me.

Actions speak louder than words.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2010, 11:37:10 AM »

Sounds like a friggen soap opera...dude poached and now hes sorry...everyone makes mistakes,nobodys perfect.What are we talkin about here,one lousy Chum! Give me a break.Arrgh!

t-bone

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2010, 01:37:00 PM »

1 chum, 1 wild coho, the odd cultus sockeye. when does it stop? The fishing etiquette, treatment of fish and outright disrespect on the vedder is horrendous and disgusting. Learning from mistakes is good and a person shouldn't be chastized for it but on the other hand, be aware of catchment and regs BEFORE you go.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

hazardmatt

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2010, 04:29:26 PM »

No worries man accidents happen

« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 05:13:37 PM by Rodney »

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2010, 10:26:23 PM »

Never met SMH nor have I have I had any sort of contact with him outside of this forum. Not too sure how my opinion isn't objective on this one? Maybe because its opposed to yours  :-\
What I have a problem is when a guy comes back here after being publicly embarrassed to apologize only to have to deal with snarky comments such as yours.
Kicking a guy while he's vulnerable. Asserting (imaginary) authority over others for your own self satisfaction. Seems like little man syndrome to me.

IMHO, you're out of line Sterling. Hook's comment that he would not exercise discretion if he were law enforcement is neither snarky, a kicking motion, not anything else that you describe. But then again, we probably disagree on that.