Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cambell has stepped down!!!  (Read 25818 times)

Dogbreath

Re: Cambell has stepped down!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 06:41:40 PM »

When I did business with the City of Vancouver during the 70's and 80's Campbell was the best administrator they'd ever had.

Now we've see him giving away BC rivers to his cronies, punishing the poor and generally acting like he owned the place-good riddance is the best I can say.

And Don't Forget-those still cronies are still around/still looking for a piece of the action it's up to us to keep the Lieberals feet to the fire.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 07:30:33 PM »

Some people make it sound like Gord was playing on some sort of sports team. Respect his time on the field, retire his number  etc.

No Gord was as closer to being a psychopathic charlatan. Who was played with peoples lives as he lied.

I'm sure that won't stop people from voting another one in. Maybe worse because the anti's higher. :-\
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Schenley

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 07:44:37 PM »

This says it best:

Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed frequently , for all the same reasons

I keep hearing what a great job he did for the economy. 
Well what about the resource giveaways to his corporate buddies?  What about the mess education is in?  Did I mention "fish farms" ???? Paying legal fees for Basi/Burke etc.....

I could fill this page with examples, so dont tell me what a great Premier he was.   Lets see how long it takes for his buddies find a place for him  on a corporate board ... His bottom feeding isnt done yet.... >:(

And I also have a lot of scorn for the other "Honourable Members" on his wrecking crew.   But thats another thread......

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 10:27:39 PM »

This says it best:

I keep hearing what a great job he did for the economy. 
Well what about the resource giveaways to his corporate buddies?  What about the mess education is in?  Did I mention "fish farms" ???? Paying legal fees for Basi/Burke etc.....

I could fill this page with examples, so dont tell me what a great Premier he was.   Lets see how long it takes for his buddies find a place for him  on a corporate board ... His bottom feeding isnt done yet.... >:(

And I also have a lot of scorn for the other "Honourable Members" on his wrecking crew.   But thats another thread......

Let's be real here....   

Name one premier in the last 25 years that has done everything perfectly in your opinion.  Why would you expect Campbell to the first perfect premier?

Although it may surprise you, most of the decisions the government made over the years had the support of a large percentage of the BC population. That's why we call our form of government a democracy and elect leaders who are not afraid to make tough decisions that 100% of the electorate will not always agree with...

In the end they face the consequences either by losing an election or voluntarily resigning.

What you should be afraid of is the politician that won't make a decision because it may lose them some votes..
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 10:33:07 PM »

Some people make it sound like Gord was playing on some sort of sports team. Respect his time on the field, retire his number  etc.

No Gord was as closer to being a psychopathic charlatan. Who was played with peoples lives as he lied.

I'm sure that won't stop people from voting another one in. Maybe worse because the anti's higher. :-\

You have absolutely no basis for that comment. ???

But nothing wrong with having an opinion.....  :D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 11:07:57 PM »

--I once had a boss with whom I often butted heads ... he did however give me some sage advice, which has held true over time... "YOU WILL SEE WORSE"
--I can only hope it won't prove true yet again.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 05:52:04 AM »

You have absolutely no basis for that comment. ???

But nothing wrong with having an opinion.....  :D
My opinion, alwaysfishin should run for a party. Second thought no, as he likes the HST and he would not always be fishing if elected. ;D ;D ;D

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 06:27:36 AM »

My opinion, alwaysfishin should run for a party. Second thought no, as he likes the HST and he would not always be fishing if elected. ;D ;D ;D

So true....  the part about HST and fishing.   ;D

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 01:03:15 PM »

From the beginning this bunch have been sailing under a false flag.   These Liberals were never liberals.   They worked hard and people gave them the benefit of the doubt but slowly the suspicion grew that they were really pirates.  Gordo is not really the problem but due to his approach of being the most visible member of the team, he became the target.

burnaby

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 08:30:34 PM »

Privatization and sales of crown assets is great for this business buddies who'll surely reward him with prized appointments. No doubt he'll need lots of personal time to figure out which board of directors is the most lucrative.

Don't be jealous, he's worked hard and sacrifice much for the bounty.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 05:42:50 AM »

I find it very difficult to find one iota of respect for Campbell. Respect is something that is earned, not an automatic given with a proven liar not on my list. The crowing about a quarter of BC residents receiving an HST credit only shows one in four live in poverty. We have the dubious distinction of having the highest child poverty rate as well as the lowest minimum wage.The acrid stench from paying 6 million in legal fees to Basi -Virk allowing them to keep the properties they own while cutting legal aid to the poorest of the poor. The constant spray of bovine scatological matter that even now continues is disgraceful and disrespectful to the electorate. Lies did him in, as well they should have. A small list, by no means complete:

Gordon Campbell lied pre-election about our BC deficit

Gordon Campbell lied when he said he wouldn`t sell BC Rail.

Gordon Campbell lied when he said he would honour the HEU signed negotiated contract.

Gordon Campbell lied when he said there would be no expansion in gambling in BC.

Gordon Campbell lied when he said that implementing the Carbon tax was the equivalent of taking 400,000 cars off the road each year.
(Drumroll please)
The lie that did him in:
Gordon Campbell lied about the HST.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 06:13:08 AM by Novabonker »
http://

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 07:42:26 AM »

A few months ago I was thinking that one benefit of Campbell resigning would be that Novabonker would be able to stop posting about all the "lies" he imagines he's heard. Unfortunately Campbell's resigned and we're still seeing the same posts.

You gotta get over this Novabonker, and get on with your life!  ;D

Go fishing! Maybe bonk a couple of fish while chanting liar, liar.....  ;)

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 08:02:53 AM »

It's unfortunate GC lowered taxes (income tax/PST) it ended up he had to sell crown estate and introduce HST to cover for the lost revenue.  Only the bad gets remembered.   ;D

StillAqua

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 08:41:19 AM »

A few months ago I was thinking that one benefit of Campbell resigning would be that Novabonker would be able to stop posting about all the "lies" he imagines he's heard. Unfortunately Campbell's resigned and we're still seeing the same posts.
Yeah Novabonker. You should now change your posts to "Liberal Party" lies.......all his cronies in deceit are still at the reins.

StillAqua

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2010, 08:49:53 AM »

Although it may surprise you, most of the decisions the government made over the years had the support of a large percentage of the BC population. That's why we call our form of government a democracy and elect leaders who are not afraid to make tough decisions that 100% of the electorate will not always agree with...

We don't actually get any say in the governments decisions once they are in power. Other than polls, we also can't show our support or lack of it for any decisions they make until the next election. And the only info we have to go on for an election is their track record and pre-election promises and platform. The greatest anger with GC and the Liberals seems to be their broken promises and phoney parts of their "liberal" platform.