Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: cooking carp  (Read 9804 times)

pinkwool

cooking carp
« on: July 09, 2004, 09:38:30 AM »

Any good carp recipies? I do remember you have to soak fillets in milk for at least 1 hour (in the fridge) to get rid of bog smell. After that we usually dipped them into the butter (eggs and flour) and fried in vegetable oil.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 03:16:13 PM by pinkwool »

pinkwool

Re:cooking carp
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 02:46:21 PM »

You mean the milk? No, it's serious and proven. Give it a try. Actually, after a quick googling I got a good link for fish recipes Fish Recipes This one suggests soaking carp fillets in buttermilk. Same idea.

otto

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 02:56:22 PM »

bog smell just adds an exotic flavour to the fish.... ;D ;D ;D

but seriously, i thought that if you were keeping a carp for frying, that you kept it alive in a tank or barrel with circulating clean water and lots of oxygen. supposably the clean water and higher oxy count makes the fish expel toxins through the skin, this self cleansing is supposed to make the meat taste less "boggy"

pinkwool

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 03:18:15 PM »

Damn, my portable oxygen tank just got broken. Can I borrow yours, otto, for a few weeks?  ;D

otto

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 05:59:37 PM »

Damn, my portable oxygen tank just got broken. Can I borrow yours, otto, for a few weeks?  ;D

sure pinkwool.....but ya gotta hook me up with that girl we saw while at the Royal Sportsman!!!!!!

;D

pinkwool

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2004, 08:50:52 PM »

She is Alex's sister, and I think you have a chance as she is very nice looking, but you gotta quit smoking that pipe ;) By the way, it was not Will_Carp at the store it was lucky, who bought his new Fraser rod/reel combo.

otto

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2004, 08:59:42 PM »

woohoo......so i have a chance!!!!! but i'm not quitting smoking the briar for a long time............. ;D

not for anyone.......

keithr

• If you want to know about me, see my website.
    • Our place in Mexico
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2004, 10:03:34 AM »

Clean, scale and split that carp open and flop it, skin side down, into a big (depending on how big that carp was) frying pan that has been lightly oiled.  Cook on low heat (we don't want it to stick).  When it is about two-thirds cooked, dump a bunch of sliced up onion on top and around it and sprinkle with some soy sauce and then cover it and let it steam until the onions are tender.  Eat.  Watch out for those little y-shaped bones in the top half.

If you caught your carp in water you would be afraid to swim in, don't eat it.

arjedrine

Re: cooking carp
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 05:40:10 AM »

Portable oxygen tank can explode due to improper usage so be careful always in using it.  Anyway, you have a yummy topic here and I feel hungry now.lol Just have fun here guys, and have a good health!