Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser Spring Bar Cleanup  (Read 3962 times)

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
Fraser Spring Bar Cleanup
« on: August 23, 2010, 09:19:05 PM »

Several old time  members of the Vancouver Angling and Game Association went out to Spring Bar  (Seabird Island) on Saturday Aug. 21 to clean up some of the discarded line the 'sportsmen' fishing there leave on the shore. The following picture is about 40% of the line collected from about 2/3 of the bar.

Nothing was said to the fishers but it is hoped some took the hint.    A number of people were appreciative and more cleaned up around themselves to help as we came along.   

Weatherby

Re: Fraser Spring Bar Cleanup
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 09:51:45 PM »

what a sick mess.Thanks to the folks for cleaning it up.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 10:32:48 PM »

Nice work. We are looking at having a mass cleanup of all the bars when sockeye mania ends. Trying to get the Fraser Valley Salmon Society executive to organize it as anumber of us look after the Chillwack Vedder River as most of you know.

I am sure if the call goes out we can get members from this forum as well as boats. A get together with a BBQ woud be good too, will see what the FVSS comes up with first.

Fishin_Squirrel10-4

• Hmmm yes, quite. Where are the fish again?
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 10:51:50 AM »

This sockeye friasco is nuts, lines chucked in water and messy beachs. I would be more than willing to help once the seasons done. Having a BBQ would bring alot of fisherman togather to clean up the mess we made. Thank you to those who have cleaned up to keep bc a clean and beautiful place to live in. It's our backyard, we should take care of it
Nothing to see here, Hmm yes.......
Quite........
Carry on......

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 12:08:09 PM »

Several old time  members of the Vancouver Angling and Game Association went out to Spring Bar  (Seabird Island) on Saturday Aug. 21 to clean up some of the discarded line the 'sportsmen' fishing there leave on the shore. The following picture is about 40% of the line collected from about 2/3 of the bar.

Nothing was said to the fishers but it is hoped some took the hint.    A number of people were appreciative and more cleaned up around themselves to help as we came along.   

let's not get these people confused with 'sportsmen'...most of them are weekend warriors who only come out during sockeye and pinks.

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 04:46:33 PM »

Nice work. We are looking at having a mass cleanup of all the bars when sockeye mania ends. Trying to get the Fraser Valley Salmon Society executive to organize it as anumber of us look after the Chillwack Vedder River as most of you know.

I am sure if the call goes out we can get members from this forum as well as boats. A get together with a BBQ woud be good too, will see what the FVSS comes up with first.

would love to help with that

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 12:18:06 AM »

would love to help with that
Very good, early planning underway but will have to be after the CVRCS's BC River's Day event that is on September 26.
It will be on a Saturday, looking at October 16.
Anyone interested please indicate here. Boats will be needed to travel to bars and of course ones that can be driven to are in bad shape.

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 10:06:50 AM »

I'll help with the clean up, I can also bring a portable bbq and stove if needed, let me know. I'm in Richmond, so anyone needing a ride can let me know too.

Bently
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 11:25:12 PM by Bently »