Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flipper issues  (Read 11056 times)

FishOn36

Re: Flipper issues
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 10:36:32 PM »

You do not need boots the flippers should fit over the neo's.My suggestion is to return them and buy another pair.

They fit over the neos no problem, but the straps slip off after a while unless you crank the hell out of em to where your toes are getting crushed.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 12:57:21 AM »

everyone doesnt have the same size feet regarding width. Im a EEE width so in the flippers i always got numb pinky toes regardless of tightness  :( :(

I would try the booties because they will not only protect your neo's from wear but you can also walk around anywhere with them on because they have rubber soles  ;D no need to drag your boots with you in your tube
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

FishOn36

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 10:17:58 AM »

They also have a little nub on the back of them which helps keep the flipper strap in place so it doesn't slip down/off. I went to the Army & Navy in new west yesterday and they only had em in medium and one in XL which was too big. Gonna check the Langley location today and see if they have any in large. If not, hopefully Wholesale sports has something!

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 12:44:24 PM »

im pretty sure Michael & Young carries those exact booties as well  ;)
Check out our new blog

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 01:32:22 PM »

I used to use a really thick, XXL pair of wool socks over my neoprenes...worked ok and was cheap.

FishOn36

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2010, 10:07:52 PM »

Went to A&N in Langley a few hours ago, they didn't have any river rat booties in size L so I ended up going over Wholesale Sports. Got these sweet looking ones for the same price as the river rats! (39.99) http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-13/003450/Deep-See-Atlantic-Medium-Sole-Zipper-Boots.html They had plenty of them in all sizes  ;D Btw, check out the "360 View" link under the picture for a better look  8)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 10:09:24 PM by FishOn36 »

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 12:44:03 AM »

those booties look pretty sweet !! I hope they work out well for you  ;D trust me i dont miss my float tube/Vboat days. I much rather sit in my pontoon boat and soon to be an actual boat, just have to decide whether to get one for the whole family to fit in or a personal pram  ;D
Check out our new blog

wizard

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 04:04:40 PM »

I've used float tubes for last 14 years, and have never used shoes or booties over my neos.
I guess it's pesonal preferance as my bro used shoes over his...

Be careful pulling the strap to tighten your fin, it breaks easy.  I snapped the rubber strap trying to tighten it last year. Thought I'd have to run into town to get new fins, but opted for rope instead! worked pretty good too. 

btw, if you're not using shoes or booties, try wearing THICK wool socks over top of neos to protect from sand gravel and rubbing, it's more comfortable too.

Gerry

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 06:58:14 PM »

Hi Fishon36

Just my two cents on fins. I think the force fins are way too expensive and you have to wear a stiff shoe like runners or river felts to use them.
I use Trophy fins ( about $60 at most fishing stores ) with water shoes I bought at Canadian tire. I put on a sock over my neoprene's to protect the neos from snags at the lake side ( if you tear your neoprene's the day is over before it begins ) and the water shoes protect the neoprene's from stress rub from the fins and when walking about. The water shoes don't slip around like neoprene booties do when your walking.
I really like the trophy fins , they give me plenty of power for little effort , they stay put on my foot and don't fatigue my feet.

Good luck out there.....tight lines

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2010, 09:16:03 PM »

who the hell says a leak stops the fishing day !!! I had a pretty good leak in the crotch of waders i borrowed and still managed 5-6 hrs in them in early May water  :o

I had borrowed these for my girl but decided to trade her because mine would be warmer, damn good thing that i did because could you imagine how bad i would have gotten screamed at  :o
Check out our new blog

FishOn36

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2010, 11:15:12 PM »

who the hell says a leak stops the fishing day !!! I had a pretty good leak in the crotch of waders i borrowed and still managed 5-6 hrs in them in early May water  :o

I had borrowed these for my girl but decided to trade her because mine would be warmer, damn good thing that i did because could you imagine how bad i would have gotten screamed at  :o

Bring out the duck tape   :D

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2010, 11:34:01 PM »

you dont think i tried that !!! trust me it was a seam leak and couldnt be patched that way  >:(
Check out our new blog

lovetofish

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2010, 08:47:38 PM »

you dont think i tried that !!! trust me it was a seam leak and couldnt be patched that way  >:(

By the time you know there is a crotch leak, you are wet anyway so you just keep fishing. My waders leaked the last 2 times out. After the first time I filled them with water and patched 3 holes. I thought I was good to go >:( wrong. I had missed a seam leak in the crotch and was wet again. More aquaseal  and we will find out next time if I need to buy new waders.
I hear you about the screaming if you had given your daughter leaky waders. I did.  My sister picked up a pair at a garage sale that weren't supposed to leak. My daughter complained after about 20 feet :)

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2010, 08:52:40 PM »

no no it would have been the girlfriend/wife !!!
Check out our new blog

fishfulthinkin

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2010, 09:12:39 PM »

ya giving them to your girlfriend/wife you'd hear about it even worse... and for a longer period of time. and you can forget about dessert :D