Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stupid people  (Read 15156 times)

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
Re: Stupid people
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2010, 11:39:19 AM »

They had rods!Like i said i had no phone:(

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2010, 11:41:49 AM »

what if Bigfisher had no phone?

next thing I will hear is "I did not want to use up my minutes"

Rantalot

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2010, 12:33:33 PM »

Hence the question mark!Hell next time i try smoke signals ;)

deepcovehooker

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2010, 03:13:33 PM »

I was fishing up in one of the rivers in the Charlotte's 4 years ago and a CO came flying over the river in his truck to talk to me.  When he left he headed across the river further downstream. 

If he thought it was OK why would others not. 

Education is the answer.

strobes

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2010, 08:29:31 PM »

It was so frustrating today while we were fishing down from the train bridge. We saw constant stream of empty beer cans, a plastic air mattresses stuck on the opposite bank and just left behind, and just garbage floating everywhere. 
<>{Early to bed...early to rise...fish all day...make up lies}<>

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2010, 08:38:55 PM »

With regards to the garbage, that has to be frustrating to those who organize the river cleanups. I think there was one this weekend, but the message never seems to get through to some.

Rantalot

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2010, 08:53:48 PM »

The people who do this are usually the first to complain about the lack of fish in the system then cant figure out why?

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2010, 07:37:29 AM »

Just to play devil's advocate...how many of you here have ever driven onto the pegleg bar...is that OK because the fraser is bigger or dirtier already?  No here has ever seemed to care about that?!?

andychan

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2010, 07:52:10 AM »

better picture

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 09:57:42 AM »

--although, maybe frustrating... reporting is good even if dfo or co doesn't attend... it marks the area that might be set as a priority for spot check in the future..
--also for those who would pay attention a sign could be errected.
--again this may seem futile, however the sign reduces chance of a person getting off with a warning if the crossing is a concern.

--there are some areas with cobble size stones which may be appropriate crossings... I know the kettle and west kettle both have crossings where bridges were removed and the crossings are allowed.

--Can't have a sign or rule for everything once an area becomes to popular or well used then a proper crossing or closure is required.

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 04:25:19 PM »

Just to play devil's advocate...how many of you here have ever driven onto the pegleg bar...is that OK because the fraser is bigger or dirtier already?  No here has ever seemed to care about that?!?

just like the old launch at herrling island.....

dont hear this many people complaining about the gravel removal.

Gutslinger

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 06:24:28 PM »

Call R.A.P.P. and let the co's know even though its after the fact or you can even email them from the web site. I have reported ppl doing the same and the co's called me and where very happy to hear from me and as a result i did notice an increase of co's in the area. even if they dont see trucks on the gravel bar they check a few licenses and that's better than nothing. I am glad I'm not the only one that doesn't think driving down there is ok.

doja

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2010, 07:12:38 PM »

So what damage exactly is being done???

And how does it compare in the whole grand scheme of our impact on the river??? I'm sure the by-catch-mortality death rate of non retention fish tally's probably kill more fish then this by far :-\

« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:17:45 PM by doja »

Rantalot

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2010, 07:20:50 PM »

Doja are you freaking kidding???Its no BP but damage is still damage and in a small system a few fish lost, down the the road could lead to trouble dont ya think.How many fry have you noticed while out on the ved?

doja

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 07:50:15 PM »

Vedder a small system... maybe compared to the Fraser but it's pretty big in the lower parts of bc and doing quite well....

How does this compare to people who wet wade???

We ALL do damage by fishing in general but this seems quite small compared to all the other things that happen. "Good by the rules fisherman" probably do more damage as a whole than this guy by far and the people who partake. :-\

I agree this is damage, but we all do damage far greater than this as a whole...

Now if this guy was "ripping" threw the river than it is probably much greater but if he just drove up carefully I don't see the worry's. Still much worse going on and I don't see anyone doing much about that?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:52:40 PM by doja »