Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stupid people  (Read 15250 times)

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
Stupid people
« on: July 24, 2010, 02:24:18 PM »

Stupid people!!! :-\ In the pic in my fishbc album you can see one is an older guy?This was at the train trestle yesterday.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 02:25:56 PM by Rantalot »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Stupid people
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 04:19:01 PM »

Maybe their trucks needed a wash

gofishon

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 05:23:20 PM »

Not the place to wash their trucks. ??? I don't want their ugly, filthy, no-good, leaking Walmart oil on our fish. >:(

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 07:12:54 PM »

OMG.

Morons. Part of me hopes they got stuck on the way back. But then again as mentioned above, id rather not see their trucks in the river ruining the habitat.

is it REALLY necessary to have your truck THAT close by?

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 07:25:47 PM »

did you report them ?

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 08:00:03 PM »

BNF861

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 08:18:29 PM »

Pretty common to see people parked like that at that spot  :-\

Rantalot

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 08:36:32 PM »

I didnt have my phone :(figured bvy the time i got to a phone and dfo showed up they would be gone.If i had my I would have in a heartbeat!

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 09:24:25 PM »

Like he said it's not uncommon to see a truck there. Those guys had there evening planned out and had set up a bunch of wooden shipping crates to burn. Once the rest of the trucks showed up (7 of them) they were told there was a campfire ban and many of them headed home not long after.
The Bigger The Better!

Rantalot

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 09:34:45 PM »

Like he said it's not uncommon to see a truck there. Those guys had there evening planned out and had set up a bunch of wooden shipping crates to burn. Once the rest of the trucks showed up (7 of them) they were told there was a campfire ban and many of them headed home not long after.

What the hell?So that makes it ok?Geesh its your fishery as well dude!They had to drive through water the same water the reds are now running through to get onto that sandbar and From what i have been told if i had reported them and they were caught on the bar they would have had there trucks impounded.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 09:38:54 PM »

I don't think BigFisher was neither approving or denouncing their actions, but rather just stating what he has observed. At least that's what I got out of his post anyway.

Rantalot

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2010, 09:59:57 PM »

I got the impression that he saw the trucks as well, unless he knew them or heard from somewhere else?If he saw it did he attempt to call DFO?

scales

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 10:28:04 PM »

devastation of our natural resources..from the campers to truckers how much abuse can the Chilliwack valley handle.  if this is bad than way should Peg Leg be different?

Fish Slayer

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 10:15:51 AM »

A pic showing the license plates of the trucks would be enough evidence as well. No need to be standing there waiting for an officer to show up and hand out fines.

bcguy

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 11:07:44 AM »

Alot of people may not like it, but this is common sight across the province, and was around here, up until a while ago.
It is simply a matter of educating. Not everyone are fisherman/woman, so are not aware of the possible destruction caused by driving
though a river. I remember fishing Baker Creek out of Quesnel with my son last year, and a guy came ripping right down the middle of the waterway with his quad.
almost running into us from around a corner. He stoppped and apologized, and I explained to him the possible consequences of his actions.
It didnt go over very well, so there you have it I guess, those who know, and dont give a rats a**, and those who simply aren't aware.
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB