Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: techniques for fishing chronomids  (Read 2418 times)

carpenter

techniques for fishing chronomids
« on: July 06, 2010, 05:49:07 PM »

goin to douglas lake ranch , supposedly unreal fishing . was looking for some chronomid tips , and can you fish them without a boat . new to flyfishing and need a little advice.

thanks
carpenter

Blackgivesway2blue

Re: techniques for fishing chronomids
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 06:49:10 PM »

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=3609.0 this topic really helped me understand chironomid fishing, hope it helps  ;D

carpenter

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 07:08:20 PM »

i will check it out thanks.

cohojoe

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 08:15:40 PM »

I fished from shore at Tunkwa one warm early summer evening.  the best chironomid fishing I ever had.   Lucky for me it drops off nicely and I could get to watch everything around me like the birds,  the other anglers,  the sunset,  and of course my little float which kept going down constantly.    It got so busy with bites  that when I went for a whiz;  I had to clip my fly line to my chair to make sure it did not get carried away by a fish.    Have a good time,  bring a folding chair because you might be waiting for the fish to find your bug.   

carpenter

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 04:48:12 PM »

i believe it is a pretty small lake but deep , hoping the fish  are at a castable distance from shore , getting better but still havent been able to put my fly line all the way out. got a good book from my buddy . still get frustrated and want to grab my baitcaster os spinning rod. but i am so stoked suposedly some large hungry fish are kicking around .  ;D gotta figure it out thanks cohojoe

carpenter