Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Grad Party In The Chilliwack River Valley Once Again, Disturbing.  (Read 30223 times)

ED LUNDY

Re: Grad Party In The Chilliwack River Valley Once Again, Disturbing.
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2010, 01:33:24 PM »

i just wanan say sorry again for whoever this kid is making the account i can promise i did my best to clean up as much of the mess as i could before i left

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2010, 02:17:19 PM »

Also if you have any other good free-camping places suitable for over a hundered people that you'd rather suggest, please do so.

Use your head.  If you have over a hundred people, maybe find something more suitable to do?  We all know that "grad campout" is basically a euphemism for getting drunk, stoned, pregnant and dirty and nothing more than that anyways.  You can do that anywhere, next time try the school field and see how it goes over.  Or maybe your own backyard?

Getting 100+ people... even 50+ people "camping" even semi-responsibly is like trying to mate an elephant with a mouse.  It ain't gonna happen.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2010, 02:43:31 PM »

ROUND 2 WHAT!!!!!!!      GRAD 2010 WHAT!!!!!!!!     EVEN BIGGER MESS NEXT TIME WHAT!!!!!!

When you choose to impersonate another individual and behave like a juvenile in public, expect to be treated as one.

A match by email and IP can usually lead to the true identity in a few seconds.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=801900415

kid fisherman

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2010, 03:37:09 PM »

Idiots like this make all us young kids who "pack out what we pack in" look bad.

mattyo

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2010, 04:52:07 PM »

quote author=Rodney link=topic=24164.msg228461#msg228461 date=1276379011]
When you choose to impersonate another individual and behave like a juvenile in public, expect to be treated as one.

[/quote]

Well played Rod!

Coyote #2

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2010, 06:59:47 PM »

Omg.. Ali, you're such a goof. what is wrong with you ? I'd like to appoligize for his behavior...
treehuger <3

ED LUNDY

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2010, 07:04:46 PM »

thank you for finding out who really tired to be me im going to have to deal with him now but thank you for finding that out for me

Coyote #2

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2010, 07:10:32 PM »

Use your head.  If you have over a hundred people, maybe find something more suitable to do?  We all know that "grad campout" is basically a euphemism for getting drunk, stoned, pregnant and dirty and nothing more than that anyways.  You can do that anywhere, next time try the school field and see how it goes over.  Or maybe your own backyard?

Getting 100+ people... even 50+ people "camping" even semi-responsibly is like trying to mate an elephant with a mouse.  It ain't gonna happen.

Drunk, Yes. Stoned, No. Pregnant, NO. Dirty, NO. We're not all sex-driven pot-smoking drunks. It's typicall that people will treat our generation like crap because of the actions of some. We're young and trying to have fun, and most of us enjoy camping so we figured we'd go as a grad class to bond over a few beers and a fire. I'm sorry again that we left a mess, but we've already said our sorries, so I don't exactly see how bashing us is helping the solution.
treehuger <3

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2010, 07:57:40 PM »

Its unfortunate our Chilliwack is in such close proximity to the lower mainland high schools looking to celebrate graduation. More police presence is needed ie roadblocks setup every weekend in the month of June confiscating the alcohol and drugs from these under age minors that fuel these wild weekends of carnage. I think these grad camp outs are a very bad idea no matter where they are held. Im sure the school staff do not condone these activities and delivering the garbage to thier door steps would serve no useful purpose.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2010, 10:58:03 PM »

Usually Stave Lake would get some grad party problems.  This year there have been a few road checks setup by RCMP.  It has really helped to keep the area clean.

Nutterbug

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2010, 06:49:27 PM »

Drunk, Yes. Stoned, No. Pregnant, NO. Dirty, NO. We're not all sex-driven pot-smoking drunks. It's typicall that people will treat our generation like crap because of the actions of some. We're young and trying to have fun, and most of us enjoy camping so we figured we'd go as a grad class to bond over a few beers and a fire. I'm sorry again that we left a mess, but we've already said our sorries, so I don't exactly see how bashing us is helping the solution.

Not to mention, all generations (at least since the 1960's) have their fair share of those types during their youth.

Some of you may just need to remember back far enough to realize that your own history is not all that spotless either.

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2010, 08:51:59 PM »

Not to mention, all generations (at least since the 1960's) have their fair share of those types during their youth.

Some of you may just need to remember back far enough to realize that your own history is not all that spotless either.

Yeah, we've learned from our mistakes and are attempting to pass it along.  If you're too stubborn to listen and want to keep making excuses for irresponsible behavior, fine.  I'm not your mother. ::)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2010, 08:56:27 PM »

If you brought something up there its your responsibility its not there when you leave. Be it a wrapper, a cup, a lawn chair or whatever it is. Regardless what the Ranger said its common sense that you take out what you brought in. Would you go over to a friends house and throw all your garbage on his/her floor and leave without cleaning it? I doubt it. If you would than your just a pig and wouldnt have friends for long anyways. Look I made lots of mistakes growing up but learned from them. We didnt have the type of information thats available to todays youth, just as our parents didnt have what we had etc etc. Every generation should be learning from the previous generations mistakes.

I suggest those that are on here that werre involved in this read some of the information on this site:
http://www.cleanrivers.ca/

Many of us are involved in cleaning up after others. Please dont be part of the problem. Be the solution. I see nothing wrong with 100 people partying as long as they cleanup.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Coyote

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2010, 09:24:09 PM »

This is ridiculous.

Coyote

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2010, 09:32:44 PM »

I also can re assure you more than half of the grad class has seen this that has gone grad camping also ,
we understand why your upset and have said sorry.
I know that doesnt make up for what some of our fellow graduates have done, but for some of the people who have cleaned up their messes
this isn't fair for you to look at us as a group. We are individuals. As much as you didn't want to clean up their mess we didn't either.
We did what we could, my car cant hold all their garbage...
Like someone said in a previous post, i think its better than us throwing it down the river.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 09:35:02 PM by Coyote »