Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gene Kiniski passed away on Wed. April 14/2010  (Read 5810 times)

arimaBOATER

Gene Kiniski passed away on Wed. April 14/2010
« on: April 17, 2010, 12:45:15 PM »

I'm 55 yrs old thus can remember old time pro wrestling back from the early 60's 70's etc...Wrestling I know is fake BUT nevertheless these guys are tough as nails & do endure alot of pain.
 Gene Kiniski just knew how to get reactions from the fans..with his hair pulling;grabbing the trunks;choking,grasp the ropes for more leverage,gouge the eyes etc...
He had 1000's of matches all over the world...Canada USA Japan...held the NWA title for 3 yrs..
He had classic matches against Wipper Billy Watson,Lou Thesz,Don Leo Jonathan on & on Check out Gene Kiniski on YOU TUBE.
Also I seen him defend his title against Abdulla the Butcher at the PNE grounds...Match was stopped by the ring doctor because Abdulla was cut up so badly...

If ya want go to YOU TUBE & check out the match Abdulla the Butcher vs Don Leo Jonathan WOW (check out the flip Don Leo does at the end of the match...he was 305 or more lbs!!!)

Someone started this post topic on another forum but as I saw 100's of matches with Kiniski Jonathan John & ChrisTolos Bulldog Brown Dutch Savage Bearcat Wright Kinji Shabuya Dr Jerry Graham Tex McKenzine Roy McCarty Mark Lewin The Brute John Quinn(yes the brother of Pat Quinn ex-NHL player & Vancouver Canuck coach) Assassins & The Kagaroos tagteams Eric Frolech Jack Bence Bad Boy Shields Duncan Mctavish Steve Bolus Shawn Bobby Shane Jim Haney Mr Kleen Regan Timithy Gohagon Rocky Johnson(yes the ROCK's dad)Haystack Calhoun(600lbs) Dean Higuchi Hard Boiled Haggerity ..on & on back then the wrestling was so much more exciting because there were so many territories & dif. wrestling companies thus the wrestlers numbered in the 1000's & 1000's.
 Also matches had more of a drama to them....a mixture of good wrestling holds plus the rough stuff....
Today's present wrestling it's just all kick punch kick punch kick punch ..next match kick punch kick punch kick punch BORING LIKE A BADLY MADE MOVIE !!! Thoughts & prayers to Kiniski clan & Nick & Kelly his sons...Boys have a tavern in Pt Roberts which over looks the Georgia Straight.
 Happy to say alot of these westlers have a faith!!! Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase  Shawn Micheals Sweet Daddy Siki Sting Hulk Hogan many more & also many are very educated... :)

« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 12:50:34 PM by arimaBOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Gene Kiniski passed away on Wed. April 14/2010
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 03:28:36 PM »

Saturday wrestling with Ron Maurier on CTV

arimaBOATER

Re: Gene Kiniski passed away on Wed. April 14/2010
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 04:07:24 PM »

Fish Assassin Yes Ron Maurier was a super announcer for ch 8 All Star Wrestling.  Taped the show on Tuesday nights at the Global studio in Burnaby.(next to the Louheed Hwy.) I was in that studio many times during the taping.
They for awhile also had live Fred Asher (men's shirt pants & suit) commercial done during the taping of the show. Poor Fred sometimes the people would "boo" as they wanted the matches to start & not watch a commercial !!!

Once went into the studio washrm & who walks in Bulldog Brown. I nearly pissed my pants.
This guy had a crew cut...when he was interviewed spit would fly out of his mouth...Ron's clothes would get spat on ...Ron would just shake his head.
One "old lady" Jesse would walk over to the wrestling ring & start to slap the mat as a form of protest!!! (a wrestler must of breaking the rules)....the fans sitting in the studio would just HOWL in laughter in response.

Old ladies have been known to jab wrestlers in the "bum" with a big knitting needle as they walked back to the dressing room !!!
Sadly Ron M. died back in the early 80's (I believe) When Kiniski was interviewed by Ron...Kiniski the motor mouth he was didn't allow him to get a word in "edgewise"...Kiniski then had the nerve to say "Ron as always you did a great job interviewing me"!!!!