Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Invitation to "Rivers" Exhibition Of Photography to benefit Salmon  (Read 2210 times)

Arnie

Hi All,

A number of you on here know me personally…and certainly a good number of you I’ve bumped into on the flow somewhere over the years.

Aside from being a “die hard” sport fisherman, I’m a photographer. I want to let you all know about “Rivers, an Exhibition Of Photography” This is a body of my personal works that has been a number of years in the making, and will be unveiled this December 9th at Eastwood Onley Gallery in Vancouver. In order to gain as much assistance as possible for our salmon, I have joined forces with the Pacific Salmon Foundation(www.psf.ca)and thus the Exhibition will benefit PSF. The exhibition prints will be sold during the showing with a percentage of profits going to PSF. I will also be live-auctioning a single edition print of a lower mainland river(yet to be unveiled) approx. 30” x 40”, on Dec.9th at the Opening Reception and 100% of funds raised from that piece also go to the Pacific Salmon Foundation.

Here is a link to the Gallery Page: http://www.eastwoodonleygallery.com/Gallery/Adrian_OBrien.html

Feel free to come down and have a look, and of course, support a cause that is close to all our hearts!

Adrian O’Brien: “Rivers” Exhibition of Photography
Eastwood Onley Gallery
2075 Alberta St. Vancouver
Opening Reception and Auction: Dec. 9th 2010, 6-10pm
Exhibition of Original Artwork: Dec.10th – 18th 2010, Noon – 6pm

Cheers,

Adrian
www.adrianobrien.com

Arnie

Re: Invitation to "Rivers" Exhibition Of Photography to benefit Salmon
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 03:35:04 PM »

Thanks to those of you that checked out the invite to my upcoming photography exhibition! Just a couple of quick updates for the Opening Reception on Dec.9th, 6-10pm at Eastwood Onley Gallery:

The wine sponsor was announced today: Wolf Blass! Thanks to Tara and Wolf Blass for the support. As well I would just like to let everyone know that the live auction for the single edition 30"x40" original photograph, will be taking place at between 8 and 8:30pm. 100% of the proceeds from this auctioned piece will go to the Pacific Salmon Foundation.

Cheers!

Adrian

Arnie

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 10:03:28 AM »

Hi All,

Quick Monday morning update for any of you that might be interested. I will be a guest this coming Wednesday on Studio4 with Fanny Kiefer this coming Wednesday, 9-10am on Shaw Ch.4, to discuss my photography and of course the "Rivers" Exhibition. Good chance to tune in and hear a little more about the project and exhibition.

http://www.studio4.ca/

Cheers!

Adrian

Arnie

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 10:22:43 AM »

So, this will be the last post on this as tonight is the night! A few years of hard work, months of prep, and tonight the "Rivers" An Exhibition of Photography opens!! I just wanted to personally thank each and every one of you that took a minute to click on this thread, and check it out. A recap of the details for any of you that are planning on attending:

Eastwood Onley Gallery - 2075 Alberta St. Vancouver.
Tonight, Dec.9th 6-10pm
Auction of "Storm Clouds Over Fraser" 8-8:30pm, 100% of proceeds benefit the Pacific Salmon Foundation

I'd also like to send a quick thanks out to all of the tackle shops, from Vancouver to Chilliwack that have been handing out VIP Invites to their clientele. Cheers guys!!

For anyone that can't make it tonight but would like to check out the exhibition, it runs until Dec.18th Noon - 6pm.

Hope to see some of you down there tonight, and if you do stop by make sure you come say hey....I`ll be the guy with a shaved head, sideburns and black framed glasses :)

Cheers,

Adrian