Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: water proof ipod touch case  (Read 5416 times)

Fisherama

Re: water proof ipod touch case
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 10:04:29 PM »

if you leave it in your car ,you may want to get a safe instead.

No doubt.  My truck was broken into for the first time ever near Thompson Park last week.  I feel so privileged to be part of the club now  ::) >:(.  If you're not going to be using the ipod continuously, I'd just use a ziplock.  

fish fishburn

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 05:52:30 AM »

Not sure why anyone would want to listen to music while fishing, but each to his own. Guess I'm getting old, but I think it would be hard to think like a fish while Zepp is pounding through my head. The only music I want to hear comes from my reel hehe.

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 09:26:47 AM »

Whatever you use it would be a good idea to put some desiccant packs inside to absorb any moisture.

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 10:39:19 AM »

-- Can get pelican and others at www.irl.bc.ca out of prince george.
--If you look up timber cruising supplies on the net you will likely find other mail order.
--These would be available at stores in vancouver and possibly cheaper at industrial forestry products suppliers rather than at sporting goods stores.

hur1214

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 11:41:59 AM »

search ebay or u can buy simms one which is about $30.
or ziploc is great(I put my iphone in ziploc, all fuctions are working incl. touchscreen, etc...)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 12:31:29 AM by hur1214 »

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 01:35:10 PM »

Ziplocs are great 99% of the time.  1% of the time whatever is in it jostles around while you're wading/hiking/whatever and manages to pry the seam open.  When you are sorting through the stained, soaked business cards in your wallet it doesn't seem like a great idea... I know  :'(

What you can do is just use 2 zip locs with the zippers on opposite sides from one another, if you have something that needsc to be kept dry.  Ziplocs are thin enough that you can use two and still have the function of your itouch.  I think you can get bluetooth headphones too if you like to listen to music.