Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, March 3rd 2010  (Read 5647 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Chilliwack River, March 3rd 2010
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2010, 09:24:23 PM »

??? ::) ;D

See, the instructions not that hard, Penn understood them. :P

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2010, 09:39:56 PM »

Nice posting job penn!!!!!   ;D ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2010, 09:45:15 PM »

Let me guess both these fish were caught well below the crossing? typically just up foam the canal, the farthest up I have seen them is peach rd.... you would think with all the prime holding water up river that they would be caught further up if these were residing fish....I will bet you could put a tag in that fish and it will end up in the Lilly....Just my 2 cents tho....

I think we'll need a little more science than that to convince us......   :-\  ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

SNapz

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 12:04:40 PM »

Let me guess both these fish were caught well below the crossing? typically just up fom the canal, the farthest up I have seen them is peach rd.... you would think with all the prime holding water up river that they would be caught further up if these were residing fish....I will bet you could put a tag in that fish and it will end up in the Lilly....Just my 2 cents tho....

I caught a Spring last year in February or March around Borden Creek so they do go higher up than Peach Rd.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2010, 02:02:02 PM »

Both of the ones I got were above the crossing...
One just below Wilson Road and one at the Native Reserve ::) (Although this means nothing since I don't have pics apparently).

Have also seen one landed at Tamahi and one of my friends has also seen one caught at Tamahi as well.
Must have just been really lucky in my 3 years of Steelheading to have seen 3 if they aren't even native to the Vedder... and no they were not Steelhead, I'm not that dumb  ::)

Also 2 years ago when fishing with my buddy at Tamahi he hooked into something that we still have no idea what it was.
Took off downriver like a bat out of hell and wouldn't stop at anything. He eventually lost it after it had peeled out almost half his line and was still running.
It never jumped or even came to the top once, and just the sheer power had me thinking that was also a spring.

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2010, 04:51:31 PM »

I caught a 20 lber in 1990 down at the powerlines, on a rubber worm,in march....thought I had the mother of all steelheads, it was a hatchery fish too.

back in the day when you had to crank the camera and wait 2 weeks for the film to get back from the space shuttle.....or 1 hour at wallymart. ::)

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2010, 07:45:57 PM »

I caught a 20 lber in 1990 down at the powerlines, on a rubber worm,in march....thought I had the mother of all steelheads, it was a hatchery fish too.

back in the day when you had to crank the camera and wait 2 weeks for the film to get back from the space shuttle.....or 1 hour at wallymart. ::)

Damn you must be really old. ;)
The Bigger The Better!

fly fisher

• i fish roe roe and more roe
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2010, 09:17:43 PM »

well mabye when i hooked that fish that almost spooled my fly reel was a spring. i thought at first it was a snag so tried to dislodge the hook and thats when the fish exploded. i am still mad about losing that fish.
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot

poper

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2010, 01:35:51 AM »

probably snag ed it!

fly fisher

• i fish roe roe and more roe
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2010, 11:30:00 AM »

probably snag ed it!
i am ninty percent sure it wasn't snag as my dad saw the way it was hooked. he was standing on the bridge.
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot

fullahead

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2010, 04:59:07 AM »

Was on the lower end of the Vedder River, March 15th, at first light. I was fishing with, a small pink jig, short floating. The float goes down, after a good fight. A twenty-five pound, Silver Spring was being carefully released. I was surprised at how silver it was, and to even hook one this time of year.