Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trophy XL  (Read 5407 times)

armytruck

• Old Timer
Trophy XL
« on: September 22, 2017, 10:25:06 AM »

Bar fishing up at Gill this past week I hooked into a big Spring ,set the hook and it was on!!! Yeeeeeehaaah !!! Had a good peeler and a burnt thumb ,then turned it into the bank ,then it happened , " BANG" SON OF A #$%^&* . MY ROD EXPLODED . Tried to keep it on with half a pole , with the top half running away down the line . The springer came up and rolled over ,spat the hook !! .
Now , I want to head back and giver another go but I'll have to go purchase another rod .
I think I found the receipt from the rod I had but it's so faded I'm not sure if its the right one . Purchased from Reaction tackle .
My question is . Is the distributer for Trophy rods still in Burnaby ?and do they warranty the rods .
Mine is,was a 12 ft. Heavy Casting
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

poper

Re: Trophy XL
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 10:50:24 AM »

I had one right out of the wrapper do that on  a cast, lol, I just took it back and they replaced it.

mcallagan

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 02:14:26 PM »

Redl Sports,  who use to supply Trophy, was bought out by Big Rock Sports.
On their distributor web page they do not show Trophy as 1 of their brands.

You may want to get hold of them.
http://www.bigrocksports.ca/

Or maybe try Army & Navy they might put you in the right direction.

dave c

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 06:49:57 PM »

Had a Trophy Titan CP explode fighting a medium size chum.  Returned it to place of purchase (no receipt) and was able to get a new rod.  Decided on a Fenwich HMX.  Good Luck

Morty

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 10:46:41 AM »

Yes, Big Rock purchased Redl Sports.  Trophy was Redl's own brand I believe. 

I had a bottom half get slammed in a car door.  Phoned Big Rock and told my story - they referred me to a tackle shop near me who handled the whole warranty process for me for a $10 service charge.  Only took about a week.  Was well worth the $10.

I don't think they officially warranty rods being broken by car doors and tailgates, but because they sometimes need to replace top 1/2s they happened to have a lower half with no tip for that model in the warehouse.   Kudos to Big Rock and Trophy from me!
"What are YOU going to DO about the salmon crisis?"