Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ultimate Steelie Fight  (Read 7669 times)

scouterjames

• Old Timer
Ultimate Steelie Fight
« on: February 04, 2010, 07:47:10 AM »

:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

scouterjames

• Old Timer
Re: Ultimate Steelie Fight
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 07:59:45 AM »

I'm curious - what would YOU do on this hookup?  Me?  Not sure I'd go to the lenghts this guy did! (OK, VERY sure I wouldn't!)
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

nosey

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 09:14:39 AM »

LOL I think you have to dig in your heels and take a stand sooner or later, those4 guys definately got their exorcise though>

fish fishburn

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 12:39:07 PM »

If thats what steelhead fishing is all about then I better work on my cardio. Correct me if Im wrong but I would have to say his gear was a bit light for a flow like that. Personally I would of had a beffier rod that I could put the brakes on that fish. But I don't know,I have never caught a salmon before. I am coming out to Chilliwack in october and hope to change that. I live in Ontario. That left side right side rod action when hes fighting the fish. I'm not familiar with that technique. Is there a reason for that? Anyhow a cool video and I would love to be in that lads shoes when he was fighting that one.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 03:12:18 PM »

Little dragged out if you ask me...
And that left to right rod thing is just to hep move the fish around the way you want to.
Can also help get you out of a snag if a fish swims into it or to pull a fish out of somewhere you don't want it to be.

poper

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 03:29:20 PM »

That fish must have been foul hooked

PistolPete

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 04:47:27 PM »

Foul hooked or they hooked a log did anyone see the fish?????????

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 05:15:32 PM »

fouled hooked probably...after all that chasing they get it to the calm water and he still cant get it and it didnt look like it was doing a whole lot at the end. that guy didnt know when to put some pressure on that fish, he was too afraid to lose it.

my brother got into a 22lb wild buck 8 years ago on the vedder....the fight was as long as that and involved a fall from the old log jam below peach and a swim....and we landed it. around 40 inches and porked out.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

penn

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 06:04:08 PM »

Probably hooked on the dorsal . Does the guy actually bring it in? i lost patience to watch it all .

devon42

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 07:17:32 PM »

i wanna know if the other 2 guys just left there rods 20 mins up to the river all by themselves

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 07:18:44 PM »

I honestly think that it is a hoax, you never even see the fish, I was pissed I actually watched the whole thing!

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 07:24:50 PM »

i wanna know if the other 2 guys just left there rods 20 mins up to the river all by themselves

You wouldnt happen to know anything about my stolen rod would you?  

Agreed it must have been foul hooked, Iv seen a 18 pound wild buck landed on the vedder in a warm day in march and it was no more then 5 minutes before coming to hand.
Also landed a few 36 inchers while fishing through fast water, and cant say it took more then 5-10 minutes.

I cant believe how desperate these guys are to land that fish, Id like to here there storey. The buddy thinks he can tail that thing by wading waist deep into swift water....
got to love steelhead.
The Bigger The Better!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 07:32:07 PM »

Probably hooked on the dorsal . Does the guy actually bring it in? i lost patience to watch it all .

Lost it

fly fisher

• i fish roe roe and more roe
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 11:04:08 PM »

if that guy had a pair he would have been able to land the fish he might have hooked a record size fish i wouln't ever chase a fish except when using a fly rod or centrepin he was there to fish not to walk a dog ;D anyone here about the 28 or 38 pounder caught at keith wilson bridge it was wild caught last year i saw a pic and it looked like a spring
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 11:06:34 PM by fly fisher »
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 11:44:11 PM »

if that guy had a pair he would have been able to land the fish he might have hooked a record size fish i wouln't ever chase a fish except when using a fly rod or centrepin he was there to fish not to walk a dog ;D anyone here about the 28 or 38 pounder caught at keith wilson bridge it was wild caught last year i saw a pic and it looked like a spring

ya my buddy caught that (assuming its the same fish) absolutely huge wild!!