Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NOPR - Vancouver Open Judo Tournament 2011  (Read 4818 times)

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
NOPR - Vancouver Open Judo Tournament 2011
« on: February 10, 2011, 08:15:37 AM »

I was out at the Vancouver open Judo tournament last weekend and did a bit of shooting.
This is the first time that ANY Judo tournament was held in the new Olympic Oval. The light was great and it was a real pleasure to get out and shoot there. So much better than so many of the dark gymnasia that many competitions occur within. I was actually able to get the ISO as low as 2500!!!  The full set is on my Flickr at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonspeed/sets/72157625891666987/with/5432773987/

Here are a few pics from the tournament.

Like Judo, speed skating, the original design of the building, requires the human machine to be functioning at full capacity

Vancouver Open Judo Tournament 2011 by DragonSpeed, on Flickr

Will he make it?

The Chess Match

Finishing it off

Crunch

There are more available on my Flickr set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonspeed/sets/72157625891666987/with/5432773987/
I hope you enjoy them!

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
Re: NOPR - Vancouver Open Judo Tournament 2011
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 09:25:06 AM »

ouch some that looks painful lol

No one was hurt I hope.
There are a few dislocations (but percentagewise very SMALL)
Great action shots - you just can't beat the speed of a full DSLR. Do you think the 7d is worth the  extra money over the 60d?
The 7D is NICE, but as a GREAT increment over the 60D, you might consider looking for a 50D.   It very much depends on WHAT you want to shoot.  I moved from the 50D to the 7D for the slightly faster frame rate and the 19 AF points.  I wish Canon hadn't played the Megapixel game.. if they had come out with a camera with the same MP as the 50D but with faster frame rate and more AF points, it would have been KILLER.

What do you want to shoot?