Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: STOLEN: 8-hp Yamaha Kicker  (Read 11627 times)

bentrod

• Old Timer
STOLEN: 8-hp Yamaha Kicker
« on: December 27, 2009, 10:57:44 PM »

Just in case any of you come across a Yamaha Kicker for sale, I got mine ripped off. It was a manual start with an alternator and a pro troll throttle control.  It's a 2002.  I have serial # so if you think you have seen a hot one, try to get the # for me and let me know.  I am checking all the Craigs Lists, filed a police report, etc.  I seriously doubt I will get it back, but just in case....   Now, I get to find out how good my insurance is.  I know for sure, the next one will be welded on.  Apparently, bolting, and locking isn't enough.  
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 05:36:54 PM by DionJL »

skaha

• Old Timer
Re: Stolen 8-hp Yamaha Kicker
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 11:16:15 PM »

--Bummer but you should also let Yamaha know the serial number, I think the dealers are supposed to check when they do a service to see if it is listed as stolen.
--I'm not sure any do but you never know and maybe isn't yamaha that does this.
--You'd think with age of computers this would be a simple task

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 07:31:31 PM »

My insurance didn't pay for mine 9.9 when it was stolen.   :'(

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 07:45:13 PM »

My insurance didn't pay for mine 9.9 when it was stolen.   :'(
Thats not good, I was fortunate the one I had stolen along with a few fishing rods from a shed was covered after the deductable was deducted, under my house insurance policy.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 10:47:02 PM »

I'm waiting for a call back from the insurance co.  Keeping my fingers crossed they 'll pay for replacement, not current blue book. 

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 10:58:33 PM »

I'm waiting for a call back from the insurance co.  Keeping my fingers crossed they 'll pay for replacement, not current blue book. 
Yes they bought brand new one as a replacement. The irony of this was it was not my motor as it was a borrowed one I was using. I told the insurance company that, thought it might effect getting it replaced but they still covered it so the owners got a nice new motor. Pays to be up front I guess or I have a good insurance company. ;D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 05:55:13 PM »

Whoever stole this & other kickers plus the boat a few weeks ago....how do these guys sleep at night ???
Or possibly many  are so evil they have to steal something before they can sleep. (something like a vampire needing his nightly blood)
Well there's blue collar & white collar crime ...in buissness/politics/ & there's the every day organized & street crime....all done in the name of me 1st & do not care about the victims.
Mind you criminals may say they create alot of jobs.....for the police, court & corrections system but at the victims expense.
If ya got alot of expensive things it's a good idea to use the most quality locks & security systems to protect them.
(crooks have no fear of "the eye in the sky"...it's all been recorded)

People work hard to buy their items only for a lazy jerk to want something for free so they steal it.
Some idiot riding his bike grabbed an old lady's purse here in Richmond & she fell & hit her head on the sidewalk. She died.
This happened maybe 8 yrs ago or there abouts. She was someone's mother grandma ...& wife if her husband was still alive.
Victims have to live with the anger & pain ...while the crook just gets more evil as time goes by.... Sadly many outdoor people can have a evil character but for the most part sportsfishers & boaters are great people. :)

nosey

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 08:44:10 AM »

How do people sleep at night is a good question, a couple of years ago my brother passed away from a heart attack,during his funeral some scumbag that had  read the funeral arrangement in the paper stole his 30 horse outboard out of his yard knowing nobody would be there, it too was bolted and locked to the boat. These people will stop at nothing guard your belongings with any means you have they have no conscience. I've been thinking about installing a motion activated game camera in the yard they're farly cheap now and you may get a picture of the thieves.

tnt

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 09:16:52 AM »

bentrod forward your info to Jamie at Stolen boats canada... the guy is a Shark and has amazing results
http://www.stolenboats.ca/
Just because you have a pin rod doesnt mean you know how to fish it.....

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 07:23:04 PM »

Thanks TNT, I'll get on it. 

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 09:47:31 AM »

Ok, AllState covered it 100% with no deductable.  So, I chose to upgrade.  For an extra $200, I upgraded to the T8 with electric start, power trim/tilt.  I also upgraded to the latest model trollmaster pro 2.  If I ever get my old F8 back, I'm gonna pay it forward and make someone a sweet deal on it. 

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 04:09:57 PM »

Good to hear Rod.
It pays to have good insurance.
My buddy pays quite a bit less than us but when he had a fire in his chimney/bldg and it was like pulling teeth to get his house back to normal.
Hope the scumbags that took it have a really bad year and karma bites them in the butt.

Marko

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 05:24:04 PM »

Insurance is something nobody likes to pay but it's nice to know it's there when you do need it.
Good to hear it worked out for you Rod.

Cheers Marko