Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: jensen egg  (Read 4239 times)

devon42

jensen egg
« on: December 24, 2009, 05:13:30 PM »

i know theres probly alot of different ways to rig a jensen egg and iv tried different ways but i wanna know is it better to put it on the line abouve your hook or on your hook?...,..... where do u put your jensen egg?

scouterjames

• Old Timer
Re: jensen egg
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 05:15:27 PM »

usually in sacks, above the hook
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

glx

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 05:42:31 PM »

I dont fish them often but when I do, I put the eggs on the mainline so it sits on the eye of hook.  A put a bit of wool below the egg as it help the egg not to slide on to the hook and put a bit of wool on top of the egg as well. 

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 11:14:35 PM »

Using plastic type egg imitations, prefer to string on after a bait loop tie up. Then either bait loop,or more often,spider wire on l Roe/shrimp setup. Should have a thread on here about favorite pics of drift fishing set ups. That would help.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 01:59:18 PM »

-I use single egg for whitefish, small mouth, thus place egg above hook as find egg can get in the way.
--i spent a lot of time pre stringing leaders until I found the larger eggs,  egg Ohz from compleat angler can just push hook through and slide egg above the knot.
--I found as they started to slide down onto the hook after fishing a while I just pushed hook through different hole and they held.
--This allowed for quick change of colour as well during the day. Didn't have to carry a bunch of pre strung leaders around.

shortfloat

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 06:11:22 PM »

definitely place the jensen egg above your hook on your leader line. It will prevent the egg from falling down below the shank of your hook and potentially interfering with hooking a fish. Whatever you choose to use as bait, can still be placed into the bait loop on the hook.