Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Was Santa nice to you ?  (Read 3598 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Was Santa nice to you ?
« on: December 25, 2009, 03:22:16 PM »

Didn't received any fishing gear this year. Got some nice 2010 clothing, thermal socks, French press, some nice toys for my dog.

scotkemp

Re: Was Santa nice to you ?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 03:37:23 PM »

abu garcia rod and reel

oh yah

BNF861

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 04:42:25 PM »

Fishingwise, I got some misc terminal tackle, some wool stanfields to keep warm this steelie season and an Olympus tough series waterproof/shockproof/freeze proof camera, perfect for the abuse it may see while fishing. Also got some canadian tire gift cards that will soon be an electric trolling motor.

Was a good christmas this year spent with family and friends. My youngest was old enough this year to really get into things which was great to see.

Looking forward to derby day tomorrow. Merry Xmas to everyone here and here's hoping for a happy steelheading season  :)

nickredway

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 05:10:25 PM »

The Missus got me a great new Filson fishing hat and a thermal undergarment and the folks sent me some dosh to get a PFD! All set for the Steelhead season.
Nick

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 06:51:31 PM »

Fishing wise just a $50 gift certificate for Hub Sports

Work related ( which I can write off, smart wife lol )
I got some great smart toner resistance bands that will not break and great for all kinds of weather.
I also got what I really wanted and thats the TRX training system. It a strap system that you use to do core and strength exercises that uses only your body weight. My clients are going to be in for some great workouts in the New Year!!!!

Got a couple DVD's, some chocolates as well as a bunch of stocking stuffers

My kids are all very happy for what we brought them as well as Santa.

I am also in the good books with the wife. She has been bugging me for years for this Kitchen Aid mixer. Well I finally splurged and got it for her. She is thrilled!! Maybe this means more interior fishing trips for me this year :)

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 08:28:30 PM »

New centerpin rod and reel and some terminal tackle. Oh and a gloomis hoodie ;D trying out the CP tomorrow, first time ever using one so if your in the area duck ;) ;D
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

JBB

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 09:22:55 PM »

I got a goat. Actually, someone in Africa got a goat in my name . The gift came from my youngest daughter. It was arranged through the World Vision organization.
Hey bbronswyk, I just ordered a TRX system. Check out youtube for some workout ideas.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 09:26:41 PM by JBB »
Man does not cease to play because he grows old ; he grows old because he ceases to play

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 09:45:34 PM »

Santa finally delivered my waders and boots  ;D I also got a tube adaptor, tubes and a bunch of tying materials from the wifey  :o We also got a wack of stuff for both of us from her family
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 10:12:28 PM »

I got a goat. Actually, someone in Africa got a goat in my name . The gift came from my youngest daughter. It was arranged through the World Vision organization.
Hey bbronswyk, I just ordered a TRX system. Check out youtube for some workout ideas.

I have used the TRX many times just not my own. I love it and now I am going to use mine to train my clients with.

That is such a cool gift from your daughter probably bring a tear to a guys eye

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

CALI 2 B.C.

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 12:48:56 AM »

new surround sound for my 50"  ;D
famous people walk on red carpet because theyre famous...me i walk on toilet paper because im the $h!^

Jona

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2009, 09:38:57 AM »

Yes, can't wait to go out and spend my gift cards!

Trophy Fisher

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2009, 10:15:13 AM »

A Caddis Navigator IV and a new vise, but I was able to spent a great Christmas with friends and family which was the best part of all.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2009, 01:39:38 PM »

got a HDPVR
Been on the phone for an hour trying to activate the one we bought my dad this year. I made it through to a service rep but he said he needed to forward me to sales. Now I've been on hold for another half hour. There is my rant of the day. Shaw sucks!!!

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2009, 03:15:20 PM »

No fishing gear as I bought me a new rod and reel earlier in the year...  but he did deliver a 46 " LCD, HDPVR and Blue Ray Home Theatre system last week.  ;D Like FF, I had no problems getting thru and got some freebies as well, but then again - this was done last weekend. 

But I'll bet that their Call centre is just a wee bit busier today as well as the next few than what Santa and his Elves went thru for the past month  ;D

Dion, I know you have patience with all of the fish pictures you have posted  ;)

Once you're in touch - go get them freebies... Superbowl is coming - Watching in on a US channel feed would be great - then you get to watch those wild bud lite commercials  :D

Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

arimaBOATER

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2009, 04:25:03 PM »

DVD/recorder/player...$100...3 box chocolates from neighbours....socks.....(maybe something else from friends at tomorrow's party)

Wife got a Royal Doulton "pretty ladies " gift from me.
Also a steamer(with hose) ya can quickly iron your cloths (lasts for 45 minutes on tankful of water & heats up in 45 secs)
Plus she got various gifts from her workplace...purse etc...

Chocolates is the last thing I need as a gift (ha) 185lbs /should be 155-160. My dentist took my blood pressure & said I'm way too high thus heart has to work too hard.
Had a very nice Christmas ...hope yous did as well. (Got to check my MAX lottery ticket ...that would be a nice gift if it's a WINNER.
If it's over a million I'll buy Rodney a 16 ft Arima boat !!! I'm on record so can't back out now 8) Like that Elvis movie titled...EASY COME EASY GO !  Money that ya work hard for is harder to give away...but winning it ...EASY to give away. (just checked ticket...2 #'s on 1 line but the bonus #also on that line but it doesn't help...cry cry cry oh well $ goes to good causes...)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 10:43:43 PM by arimaBOATER »