Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thompson River, December 5th & 6th 2009: Another successful steelheading trip  (Read 6354 times)

Fishin_Squirrel10-4

• Hmmm yes, quite. Where are the fish again?

:o lookin at the picture, gloves have quite the destructive power. Looks like a lesson for all of us who didn't know. Don't have gloves yet but when I do get a pair, gona have the brave the element to take care of what we catch and release. Nice to know, thanks Dion
Nothing to see here, Hmm yes.......
Quite........
Carry on......

fishingbuddha

• Fishingbuddha

actually my one hand is a fleece sleeve extension and the other hand is a neoprene glove. my buddy also has neoprene gloves.
didn't know that gloves are bad for fish handling. in the future will try to remember this. thanks for the information.
I hope that when i die, my wife doesn't sell all my fishing equipment for what i told her i bought it for!

hue-nut

• Old Timer

Holy crap guys!!!! can someone congratulate the guy for a great report with great pics, much more than most contribute! Great report, loved it. I started reading it before dinner, but then decided to wait cause I wanted to enjoy it like one of Chris Gadsen's reports. Props to you for handing the rod off twice!!!!  :o must have hooked your fair share of Thompson fish to do that.

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer

Awsome report!! Loved the pictures.  ;D :D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Nice catches fishingbuddha. Those who brave the cold catch the fish. ;) I too had some success yesterday in the cold on a different silver species. Also good to see that you are willing to absorb others' feedbacks. You still need to learn to put in the location and date in the title, and use the correct photobucket link though. ;D

As Dion has pointed out, as long as it is done in a respectful manner, people should not be offended by constructive criticisms. Whether you have been fishing for one week or thirty years, one should realize that there are always new things to learn. If you post stories, photos and reports for the public to view, you should expect to hear their opinions. Those opinions are not always what you would like to hear. If it stops you from doing so, then the learning part stops.

Sometimes the criticisms are not done in a respectful manner. The moderators have a very simple solution for that and we usually take care of those quite swiftly. If you see comments that the forum can do without, use the "report to moderators" link in each post to have the moderators look at them.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 02:30:14 AM by Rodney »

lucky

• Old Timer

Beautiful fish! Sounds like a good time was had by all.  Just gotta ask one thing though,,,, is nothing sacred anymore? Is it now ok to post reports with pics about rivers with endangered wild steelhead runs?  I'm guessing these kinds of reports could do far more damage to the fish than wearing a glove while handling them.

skaha

• Old Timer

Beautiful fish! Sounds like a good time was had by all.  Just gotta ask one thing though,,,, is nothing sacred anymore? Is it now ok to post reports with pics about rivers with endangered wild steelhead runs?  I'm guessing these kinds of reports could do far more damage to the fish than wearing a glove while handling them.
--My political comment on this... If no one goes there the problem goes away and then Nothing gets done.

--My experience with Okanagan lake kokanee is when it was open to fishing there were all kinds of articles and meetings on the issue. Once it was closed, I think 10 years of not fishing kokanee the fishers moved elsewhere. Each year a struggle to ensure money was being spent as promised on research and "fixing" the problem and lots of reports of poaching as no one there to observe record report and no reason for Co's to be there either.
--Many people have not seen nor experienced what the Thompson was and should be as a fishery. Without these reports there will be no discussion.
--My biggest fear is someone might see a potential gravel extraction area in the picture and put a claim on it.
--The fishery is open, legal and should be fished.

EZ_Rolling

The fishery is open, legal and should be fished

agreed the "T" is no secret in fact it is legendary

Sterling C

• Old Timer

I highly doubt that a report such as this would be the deciding factor for most fair weather fishermen. After all, it is hovering around a daytime high of -10 in Spences Bridge these days.  :o

With that being said, is anyone here interested in making the trip? I don't trust my truck to make it there and back these days.  :P
Actions speak louder than words.

Every Day

• Old Timer

I highly doubt that a report such as this would be the deciding factor for most fair weather fishermen. After all, it is hovering around a daytime high of -10 in Spences Bridge these days.  :o

With that being said, is anyone here interested in making the trip? I don't trust my truck to make it there and back these days.  :P

Pick me! lol
I'm home for 3 weeks starting the 17th.
I'de be up for a trip.

Sterling C

• Old Timer

I'm not sure you're car is really that much better than my truck.  :P

Drop me a line when you're back in town.
Actions speak louder than words.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics

Shoot me an e-mail, I am thinking of heading up the weekend of dec 19th and 20th let me know if you are interested
talk soon Rick

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Every Day

• Old Timer

Shoot me an e-mail, I am thinking of heading up the weekend of dec 19th and 20th let me know if you are interested
talk soon Rick

Can I come lol.
I'll be home by then! And yea Sterling the coq might be a little scary in a rear-wheel drive Mustang haha  :o

kingpin

• Old Timer

Can I come lol.
I'll be home by then! And yea Sterling the coq might be a little scary in a rear-wheel drive Mustang haha  :o

thompson is the fraser canyon...usually not to bad
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

Fishin_Squirrel10-4

• Hmmm yes, quite. Where are the fish again?

gotta becareful on that nasty little "S" under that bridge when u get near  :D
Nothing to see here, Hmm yes.......
Quite........
Carry on......