Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spincasting with spoons and spinners  (Read 8053 times)

fishseeker

• Old Timer
Re: Spincasting with spoons and spinners
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2009, 01:34:26 PM »

If you are after trout, bass or crappies. All I can say is red/copper dick nites have been awesome spoons for me.  For trout I find smaller works better but maybe thats just me. This spoon has outfished everything else I have used and I always go back to it when nothing else seems to be working.

The only problem is they are very light so they only work well with really light gear - light spinning rod with no more than four pound test.

Not sure about bass in Green Timbers.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2009, 11:12:31 PM »

I haven't seen any Bass in Green Timbers. But there you go for fishing spoons and spinners. Be ready to fish with light line like 4 lb and tiny fishing rods that basically wait the fish out fighting them. Or using a more brutal setup of 8 lb + line and anything goes for weight (spark plug :))  type setups that either surf the fish out of the lake or come loose and blacken an eye or whatever. Lifes about choices.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Matt

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2009, 01:14:01 AM »

I hear bait soaked in rotenone just slays bass!

Only bass I've caught were on a crankbait, but I jigs do well.  Bass may be slow due to the cold.

Blackgivesway2blue

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 07:31:22 AM »

ya, I dont really want to go for bass but one guy before said that people dump there fish in thier like cat fish an tipilia and stuff like that and smallmouth bass was on the list.

Blackgivesway2blue

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 05:40:48 PM »

Yo, i just got back from Green Timbers and 1 landed 1 rainbow around 3.5lbs and got about 5 good strikes but couldnt connect. might go back tomorrow to the same spot

The Fish Hunter

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 06:04:24 PM »

At green timbers and mike lake i have caught loads of fish using just a hook with powerbait magnum eggs and a small weight to sink the powerbait... Also a 3/8oz blue and silver croc at green timbers worked

Blackgivesway2blue

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 07:28:09 PM »

i used a 3/18 oz red and silver croc, got a couple hits on that but couldent connect.