Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Socks from shore  (Read 8727 times)

fic

• Old Timer
Re: Socks from shore
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 08:01:49 AM »

I live only a few blocks up from the lower Fraser in South Vancouver, I've gone out a few times throwing spoons with no success. I haven't gone with the tides though, only when I've had an hour or two to kill...I don't really think fishing at the bottom of Kerr street to be the best spot either, probably better on the opposite along river road

My office is about a 10 minute walk away from Frasershore Park. I tried tossing spoons a few times during lunch hour and had no success either.  I also just drove by the park a few times after work and I have not seen any fish moving.  May be the South Arm is a better bet.  There is also tons of logs being dragged up and down this part of the river and being piled up against the shore. I am not sure how the fish behaves around these floating log islands.  I did talk to one guy who saw someone catch a sturgeon though.

Makaveli

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 08:53:42 AM »

I gave dump bar a try on saturday evening during high tide...  no luck either ..  lets just say i went home with less weights and lures  :-\
you come in peace, you leave in pieces...

steve B

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 09:00:50 AM »

what size of spoons would be ideal for socks from shore and has anyone tried fishing from Kanaka creek regional park in maple ridge?

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 02:39:49 PM »

I was down at the north arm on the Vancouver side yesterday evening and saw quite a few jumping. Most were pretty far out, but some were close enough to give you hope (within 50 feet). I tossed spoons for an hour without luck, but I think if you hit it at the right time and a bit of luck, it wouldn’t be impossible to get one…

Definitely going to try it again sometime this week.

Makaveli

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 04:48:07 PM »

went after work in the evening to no 3 rd dock on the south arm. dock was filled wit ppl. couple of ppl caught flounders and bulls... Tons of commercial fleets gilnetting all along the fraser. prob gonna be dry for a bit.
you come in peace, you leave in pieces...

fishseeker

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 01:21:32 PM »

Hmmm..I think I will be pulling out the spoons I used for pinks and giving this a try.