Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seen The Price of Canned Salmon?  (Read 7100 times)

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
Seen The Price of Canned Salmon?
« on: September 29, 2008, 08:59:36 PM »

I guess this is where this post should go-anyone seen how cheap canned Salmon is these days? :o

A great big can of Sockeye from Alaska for $4 maybe 5-that's pnuts, a large can of Coho for $2 @ London Drugs, ditto Pink.

Must be this Russian Sockeye we're hearing about they're supposed to have monster sized runs.

Anyway I like it simple, add Mayo, Green Onion and chopped Cilantro and I'm Happy maybe a tiny shot of Liquid Smoke once in a while-if I want deluxe put it on a bread roll top with Cheese and under the broiler til it bubbles=ambrosia!

BigCoho

• Roe Wizard
Re: Seen The Price of Canned Salmon?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 08:52:42 PM »

Its about 2 bucks for a large can of sockeye at Wallmart these days. thanks for the recipy

Fishmaster J

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 03:44:48 PM »

Our stocks decline and canned stuff so cheap?  Fisherman can barely hold a living, I cant catch a sockeye execpt for a week a year, but I can buy canned or frozen salmon for pennies.  Whats the point for them to even sell it?

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 08:32:45 AM »

Our stocks decline and canned stuff so cheap?  Fisherman can barely hold a living, I cant catch a sockeye execpt for a week a year, but I can buy canned or frozen salmon for pennies.  Whats the point for them to even sell it?
Lots of Sockeye in Alaska lots more  in Russia-lots.

BC has always been small time in the Pacific Salmon commercial fishery, now that's declining and few people will notice except for us.

Jonny 5

• Old Timer
  • Almost the holiest fisher that ever was!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 09:20:27 AM »

Good deals on sockeye (previously frozen I believe) to be had at the real canadian superstore on northshore by old lillouette road... 15-20$ for a dressed sockeye when I was there over the holiday... can't understand why such a good deal, looks like good fish to me.

dmocchi

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 02:26:45 AM »

Its about 2 bucks for a large can of sockeye at Wallmart these days. thanks for the recipy

Which walmart would this be?

Thanx