Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Small Mouth Bass - A day away from the salmon crowds  (Read 12363 times)

speycaster

Re: Small Mouth Bass - A day away from the salmon crowds
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 07:35:41 AM »

You can also check out bucketbrigade.com, a lot of bass fishers are on there. ;D

noxcape

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2009, 08:07:00 AM »

wow thats so funny speycaster you know not all of bass fisherman are bucket brigaders its just liek saying all salmon fishermen are meat fishermen there are a alot of us who have fun fishing for bass and dont condone illegal stocking and are trying to help stop it

noxcape

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2009, 04:14:17 AM »

just to let anyone know who wants to know the wcba website will be up shortly the club is going throu some changes as soon as its back up ill let you guys know

fishseeker

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2009, 07:01:20 AM »

wow thats so funny speycaster you know not all of bass fisherman are bucket brigaders its just liek saying all salmon fishermen are meat fishermen there are a alot of us who have fun fishing for bass and dont condone illegal stocking and are trying to help stop it
Agreed, bass fishing is a ton of fun.  None of the people I have met doing this condone or promote illegal stocking - most just want to preserve whats already there.

speycaster

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2009, 08:16:48 AM »

I whacked a lot of bass this year, dipped in flour and fried in butter is the most appealing thing about them. ;D

lapetitebuse

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2009, 06:01:08 PM »

do bass have lots of bones?

fish fishburn

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2009, 04:38:08 AM »

The easiest way to tell the difference from smallies and largies is that smallies have red eyes and largies have dark brown eyes.

nkj

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2009, 11:09:10 AM »

Hehehe...these bass seem like good times!!!  I always watch people on WFN catch them and have tons of fun with it.  Obviously they are an introduced species?  Are there a lot of other lakes around Lower Mainland that have them aside from Allouette?

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2009, 02:03:49 PM »

Hehehe...these bass seem like good times!!!  I always watch people on WFN catch them and have tons of fun with it.  Obviously they are an introduced species?  Are there a lot of other lakes around Lower Mainland that have them aside from Allouette?

Alouette Lake does not have bass.

Sturgeon Slough
Pitt Sloughs
Walmsley Lake ( Albert Dyck Park )
Hatzic Lake
Fish Trap Creek
Mill Lake
Silvermere Lake ( private and access is tough )

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

scotkemp

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2009, 05:58:30 PM »

well i think im gonna try the pitt medows are for bas fishing this weekend never done it before. just a question about what to fish with im thinking spoons or float with a worm

Preliator

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2009, 08:57:17 PM »

The easiest way to tell the difference from smallies and largies is that smallies have red eyes and largies have dark brown eyes.

Once you've seen both it's not hard to see the difference :) Especially that bucketmouth... man I miss bass fishin'.

ESF

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2009, 09:14:58 PM »

love bass fishing. salmon not as much... they just are so easy to catch!
invasive? yup. west of the mississippi river. boost for the economy? yup. but hell, we'll just let all the true native fisherman have all the fish.
am I invasive? not as first nation "native"  hey, I should let the natives know that salmon/trout/pike minnow are great as fertilizers!

all kidding aside, all recreational fishing is a blast! bass included!

noxcape

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2009, 01:14:17 AM »

i should feel sorry for all the minnows in deer lake that the "Invasive" Rainbow trout from interior BC ate, minnows in metro vancouver lakes  should be eaten by the original coho or coastal cutthroat ! That's why the Fishery encourage ppl to remove rainbows in Metro vancouver stillwater in their best ability i guess

huh

fish fishburn

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2009, 05:11:35 AM »

For everyone who thinks largies dont fight I hope they get an chance to catch a nice hawg sometime. My biggest this year was a 5.6 lber. Im telling you they pull like a tractor and if your not using the proper gear you won't get them in. ie med/heavy to heavy flippin stick with minimum 20 lb test line. I use 50 lb super braid on my flippin sticks because of the no stretch quality, makes it much better for those massive hook sets.

CALI 2 B.C.

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2009, 08:23:08 AM »

All i got to say is back in cali ive caught many 10+ pound bass and ive been towed across a lake by a largemouth before they are absolute pigs  so until you personally have caught a big largemouth (5 pounds isnt big) dont knock bass fishing those big hogs fight like a fresh spring.Man im missin california right now thinkin bout them. ;D ive fished systems where ive caught trout,bass,carp,catfish bluegill and salmon in the same day.Sacramento river is amazing did i mention the striper also?shoot runnin late g2g
famous people walk on red carpet because theyre famous...me i walk on toilet paper because im the $h!^